Chapter 19

I had my head in my hands, thinking of how I royally fucked up.
I've been in this home alone for a week. Without Aaliyah. No idea if she's gonna come back or not and it's eating away at my brain.
I've been having those thoughts. Those terrible thoughts, and I know what that means. I have to fix it.
"Stupid. Stupid. Stupid!", I smacked my head repeatedly, wanting to take everything I did back. I know I hurt her feelings and I just want to take it back. I should have told her the truth. I should've told her everything.

Looking down at my medication that I took an hour ago, I sighed. Laying down on the couch, I closed my eyes. Not knowing what to do, and if I go to her apartment I really wouldn't know what to say.
Sitting back up I ran my hand down my face. Needing this restlessness to end.
I got up and paced wondering of ways to apologize.

New Car. Clothes. Shoes. Diamonds. Money. Sex.

"No. No. No!", I hit myself again, coming up with unworthy ideas for Aaliyah. I am such a piece of shit, I can't even give anything meaningful.
My eyes wandered around the living room, landing on her purse.
"I must've didn't give it to her...", I said absent minded.

Picking it up, I unzipped it and looked inside. There was her phone, wallet, and cosmetics.
She would need this stuff, Why didn't she come back to get it?
I grabbed the purse and got my keys off the kitchen counter.
I'll just return it and understand if she wants nothing to do with me.
Walking to my Aston Martin I got in. Starting the car, I set off for Aaliyah.
-------------------------------------------------
I pulled up in her driveway and turned off my car. Getting out, I walked up her gravel pathway. I took my time walking up the stairs and ringing the doorbell. Dreading what was going to happen next.

I waited for her to answer the door and instantly started to regret coming here. Maybe I could just put the purse down and leave?
As I began to lower the accessory her front door opened. Revealing Aaliyah in a orange fall dress, hair tightly curled falling perfectly around her ears, wearing brown heels.

"Iain. What a wonderful surprise. Oh you've got my purse, please come in!",
With caution and confusion, I stepped inside her home while handing her the purse. She's.....too cheery. Wouldn't see be furious, angry, livid? I did kick her out of my house in only a towel.
Closing the door Aaliyah told me to follow her. Leading me to her living room she ordered me to sit.
"Now wait here, I have someone for you.",

"No, wait Aaliyah.", I grabbed her arm stopping her from leaving.
"I want to apologize...and I have to tell you something important. Something I should have told you long ago.",

"Iain, I already know. Your mother told me everything. I accept your apology. Now wait here.",
I let go her arm as she went about her way.
So my mother spilled the beans huh. That old hag could never keep her damn mouth shut.
I sat back down on the couch, waiting for this "surprise" Aaliyah hinted to.

Hearing heels clack I knew Aaliyah was close to returning. Subsequently, I saw her walk through the arch way and in tow behind her was someone small. I couldn't see them fully because they were hiding right behind her.

"Whose this?", I asked, curious as to who it could be.
The little person peeked from behind Aaliyah and I saw strands of blonde hair fall and a blue eye.

I took a sharp intake of breath once I saw that feature combination. It reminded me so much of-

"Iain. I just want you to be happy. So I pulled some strings.",
Aaliyah stepped aside and I saw the most beautiful girl in the whole world.
My daughter. Lilli.
She ran over, engulfing me in a tight hug. I hugged her back never wanting to let her go. Tears sprung to my eyes as I held my little girl in my arms again. It's been so long.

I looked up at Aaliyah and asked her how this was happening right now.

"Your mother told me what happened. About your illness, and her foster. So I wanted a reunion. I asked to adopt Lilli and because of my connections or rather.... The connections your last name holds, it cut the adoption process in half.",

Taking a break from embracing my little girl, I stood and walked over to Aaliyah.

"I don't know how to Thank you... I should be doing something for you after everything and here you are giving me a gift beyond comprehension. I can't even, I ... what can I do?",

"Welll", she said playfully
"You could start by not kicking me out ever again. In a towel at that.",
We laughed at that and embraced.

"You're an amazing woman Aaliyah.",

"I know.",