Chapter 36

Many events of importance were quickly arising. Lillis' birthday is in two days, the wedding in six and a business trip to Italy in a week for the merging with Italian Exports. To say the lives of Aaliyah, Iain and yes Lilli as well were busy is an understatement.

"Ms. Pinkston? The Wedding Planner, he is here.", Wendy said, Iain's new secretary  who always seemed to be wearing some type of red.

Aaliyah laid on the recliner chair in the study, not once looking up from her flower book and dress sketches as she waved for him to come in.
Walking over to her, he sat down his suitcase and pro folio on the coffee table in front of the two recliner chairs, one in which Aaliyah laid. Extending his hand to her, he introduced himself.

"Grim Davis. I'll be helping you plan your wedding Ms. Pinkston.",

Grim stayed in handshake position for at least 30 seconds until Aaliyah eventually gave him a once over and shook his hand.

'Not bad.' She thought. The man in front of her had a somewhat Greek appearance with dark hair and striking green eyes, he favored Iain but Aaliyah found her fiancé more charming and suave. Grim had a black, curly rough beard and uncombed hair, he was more of a ruggedly handsome while Iain is a well rounded kind of handsome, having both the ruggedness and clean look.

Aaliyah gestured the seat by her.
"You can sit."

"Oh no thank you, I'd rather stand."

Aaliyah nodded, watching as Grim opened his suitcase and passed a folder to her. Opening it, she gasped at the beautiful pictures of wedding set ups.

"Those are former wedding I've done. You can find one you like, or we start from scratch."

Aaliyah nodded, still a bit starstruck as she flipped through the photographs.
"Well," She finally said. "I was hoping to start from scratch."

Grim nodded and put away previous wedding photos. Reaching back into his suitcase he got out various color shade cards, varying from the colors of the rainbow to everything in between.

"Alright, to start from scratch we need a foundation to stand on. Do you and your husband know what color theme you would like for the wedding?"

Aaliyah sat up, and starting to exbound her ideas.

"We agreed on gold and black but I feel we should have something airy and light, but I want to keep it extravagant.",

Grim gave Aaliyah the color shades and pointed to a delicate, light violet and then a dark midnight blue and paired them.

"This combination seems right, blue is very airy and tranquil, any shade and purple is very royal wit-"

Aaliyah cut him off, vehemently expressing her dislike for the color purple.

"No, I don't like purple. Blue sounds nice though, especially since winter is fast approaching.",

Grim sighed and wiped off the beads of sweat that was formulating on his forehead, then ran his hand over his beard.

"Okay", Grim said "I think this will be easier if your husband is here to pitch in.",

Aaliyah put all the photographs, books, and sketches on the table.

"He's at a meeting and will be here shortly.",

Grim nodded, obviously a bit annoyed.
"Great, and so shall I come back a different time?"

Aaliyah shook her head.
"I think it'd be easier if you stayed here, but I'll text Iain and check in."

Grim folded his hands behind his back, his eye twitching.
"As you wish."