Chapter 5

Later that day Aaliyah went home to get ready for the party. She couldn't believe Iain asked her when he could have just got some model to be his date. There seemed to be an interesting pattern happening here and if for once her overthinking mind wasn't being mean to her then she would certainly receive the confirmation that her fondness is requited after all.
Aaliyah immediately threw open her closet doors in search of a beautiful yet classy dress to wear.

"No."
She tossed a short poofy purple dress to the side.

"No."
She tossed behind her a long forest green looking dress.

"Hell no."
She put a pink sparkly dress back on the rack.

She jumped on her bed with a frustrated, and hopeless sigh.
Just as she was about to go back inside her closet the doorbell rung.
"Who could that be? This late? It's almost 8. I have to hurry."
Opening her front door she saw no one but a red box with a black bow and a card attached. Feeling suspicious Aaliyah picked up the box and closed the door. Opening the card, she smiled. Feeling warmed in her chest.

"I thought we should match, so I bought this. I would love to see it on you.- Iain"

Is her eyes playing tricks on her?
Flinging the card on the floor Aaliyah tore open the box before screaming

"It's beautiful!",

Inside the box was a red laced dress, it's exactly what Aaliyah was aiming for. Running up the stairs Aaliyah quickly hopped in the shower, and did her hair and makeup. Eager to try on the dress hoping it fit.
Sliding on the piece, Aaliyah was amazed at how wonderful the dressed looked on her.

'How did he even know it would fit?',

Not caring, Aaliyah grabbed her white clutch and descended down the stairs, not wanting to be late.
Just as Aaliyah opened the door Iain limo pulled up. As Iain got out, Aaliyah saw he was wearing a red suit to match with her dress.

'When he said he wanted us to match he wasn't kidding.'