Chapter 31

The wedding was getting closer and closer and with each passing day, Aaliyah grew anxious.
She often thought about everything that would happen after the wedding, she wondered if things would change. The stories Angela told her about newlywed couples needing counseling or even divorcing within the first few weeks frightened her to the core. What if Iain and her would be destined to the same fate? Would they make it through? The relationship as a whole was a mess but it worked for them honestly, but it's only a matter of time before that collapses into a heap pile of utter bull shit.

She wondered if Iain felt the same way....
Getting up from off the couch, Aaliyah went upstairs to the study. Coming in quietly, her feet made soft padding sounds as she stepped. Sitting on Iain's desk, Aaliyah waited for him to look up from whatever he was doing, her nightgown riding up her thigh a bit.
Without looking up from his work, Iain greeted Aaliyah.

"Hey sweet heart, What's up?",

Aaliyah crossed her arms, making her chest protrude out of the small top part of the nightgown.

"How do you feel about our wedding?",

Putting down his pen and looking up at his soon to be bride, Iain gave Aaliyah his full attention.
"What do you mean darling? I'm excited. I can't wait until I can call you Mrs. Iain Pliegue.", Iain made Aaliyah get up from his desk and sit on his lap instead.

"So you have not any worries at all? Do you wonder what will happen after the wedding?",

Iain sighed and put on a thinking face.

"Everyone has worries before their wedding Aaliyah, but you mustn't let that deter you.",

Aaliyah wrapped her arms around Iain's neck and leaned her head against his.
"Do you think Lilli is excited?",

"Extremely.", Iain replied with a humorous, sarcastic tone.

"Iai-", Aaliyah started to say, but was cut off with panicked reassurance.

"I'm kidding I'm kidding. She loves you Aaliyah, you know that.",

"I'm just being sure.", Getting up off of Iain's lap, she fixed her night gown.

"We must get properly dressed. You haven't forgot about lunch with our parents have you?",
Iain put his hands on Aaliyah's hips, looking up at her now that she is standing.

"Of course I haven't. Ya know, we could always stay home, raincheck for another time.", As Iain said this, he gave Aaliyah kisses on her stomach, going lower and lower.
Aaliyah considered the notion but thought better of it. They had to have lunch with both their parents then make it back in time to pick up Lilli from school. Whatever Iain had in mind for them, would take up more time than they had.
Pushing Iain away gently, Aaliyah firmly declined.

"As great as that sounds, no. We have busy weeks ahead of us, we don't have time for staying inside Iain. Get dressed.", Slapping his cheek playfully,

Aaliyah went to leave the study.

"I'll get you one of these days!!", Iain yelled right before the study for closed.
-------------------------------------------------
Arriving at the casual diner, Iain parked the car.
"Okay we're here.",
Aaliyah sighed nervously while unbuckling her seat belt.

"Hopefully this goes well.",

Getting out the car, the couple walked up to the diner, opening the door for Aaliyah they stepped inside.
Immediately, Aaliyah noticed the strawberry blonde hair, wrapped tight into a bun sitting next to a man with jet black hair.
Trotting over, Iain was the first to greet his mother.

"Mom, how are you?",
Julia looked up from the menu and monotonously greeted her son back.

"Great. You?",

Iain let Aaliyah sit down first.

"Amazing. Dad! How you been?",

The man with the jet black hair looked quite uncomfortable next to Julia.

"Never better, and who is this beauty before me?",

Extending out her hand, Aaliyah shook with Iain's father, introducing herself.

"I'm Aaliyah, it's a pleasure to meet you sir.",

Iain's father held on to Aaliyah's hand delicately, looking at her with an unknown interest.

"Oh no no, the pleasure is all mine. Please, call me Henry.",

Julia made a face towards the menu she was holding, disgusted by her husband's flirtatious ways. After all these years he still hasn't changed one bit and she still haven't signed the divorce papers. It wouldn't be good for their businesses, that's what she keeps telling herself even though her medical school would be just fine as long as she's the boss. Henry has always been a good business man, a good cheater, a good liar. Julia was convinced she'd married the devil himself, but somehow couldn't let go, no matter how much she hated him.
And Iain, he is so much like his father, a whore, a sick man. Yet, born with a personality so charming she should've named him Apollo and a face so handsome his middle name, Adonis.

"Alright Henry, let the girls' hand go, I'm sure she wants it back by now." Julia said, her voice laced with venom and a dose of jealousy.
He has always liked younger women, even when she was young.
Henry let Aaliyah's hand go, and straightened his tie, not saying anything back to his wife.
Iain saw the whole awkward scene and asked Aaliyah what time her parents would arrive.

Aaliyah sighed and replied,
"With my luck, soon.",