Chapter 40

Lilli's POV

Opening my eyes, I squinted from the bright white lights and ceiling. My throat feels dry, I could barely swallow
. Turning my head to my right I saw a glass of water on the table, which I reached for to drink. As I wrapped my hand around the glass, I saw scapes on my fingers and arm seeing that made me remember everything that had happened.
My eyes widened, and suddenly I wasn't so thirsty. Ripping off the plush blue blanket that laid on top of me, I swung my legs over the bed and made a attempt to stand only to fall back down.

"Sweetie no!"
A nurse with jet black hair, blue eyes and freckles came running once she entered the room and saw me on the floor. She helped me back in bed, and propped my leg up with a pillow. I didn't notice I had a cast on my left leg when I had woken, it was pink, my favorite color.

"My name is Dina, and I'm your nurse. Can you tell me, do you remember anything?",

I laid back, and stared at the ceiling for a moment, tears coming to my eyes. Then I looked to Dina, realizing how young she looked.

"Is Aaliyah okay?",

I didn't answer her question, not to be rude but because I needed to know if Aaliyah is okay.. I don't remember much really...getting out of school..showing Aaliyah my birthday candy and...Oh My Goodness. After I showed Aaliyah my candy the crash happened...it's all my fault. If she's not...alive... It's all my fault. I-

"I'll....go tell your family you're awake.", Dina said interrupting my thoughts. I don't know what scared me more, the fact that she didn't answer my question of that she decided to get my family after it was asked. That could only mean one thing....bad news. I didn't have to be a genuis to figure that out.

I just hope I get to see Aaliyah again...

Iain's POV

I sat on Aaliyah hospital room's comfy couch, watch her chest rise and fall as I took in the beeps of the machines also the inhale and exhale of the air compressor.
I heard a knock before someone opened the door.

"Mr. Pliegue? Hi I'm Dina, Lilli's nurse. She's awake now."

I looked to my mom as she got up from a foldable chair. Getting up as well I made my way next door to my little girl, I didn't know what I would say to her. It broke my heart to cancel her birthday party but when I saw her laying there with a cast on her leg my heart broke all over again. She didn't say anything as I walked to her, she only stared with glossy eyes.

When I reached her bedside, I smoothed down her blonde hair, and saw the little nicks on her face but nothing too serious thank goodness.

"I'm so glad you're okay." I said, my voice unsteady as we embraced tightly. I felt a few tears escape my eyes as I held my daughter in my arms.

When I let her go, I saw her tear streaked face and reddening eyes.

"It's all my fault."

I widened my eyes in shock, then squinting them in disbelief. Did she really think this is her fault?

"Lilli don't ever think that. Ever. This is not your fault.",

I saw her lip tremble as she looked down and explained.

"Yes it is. If I didn't make Aaliyah look at my things then this wouldn't have happened."

Sighing, I wrapped a arm around her shoulders. Looking to my mother, I saw her hands put up to her mouth and a thinking expression on her face.

I rubbed Lilli's arm in attempt to comfort her.

"Listen to me sweet heart, this is not your fault no matter how much you think it is. This...looking at the accident it was inevitable.",

Lilli rose her head and stared at the room's chairs next to the bed.

"Aaliyah wouldn't be hurt ...if she didn't look.",

I turned Lilli's head to face me, looking her in the eyes I said

"Aaliyah and you would've gotten hurt regardless. Things could be worse but Lilli, please. This isn't your fault and Aaliyah would say the same thing. Don't blame you. We don't.",

Stepping forward my mom took Lilli in her arms and soothing rubbed her back.

"Oh sweetie, it'll be okay.",

"Can I see Aaliyah?" Lilli asked, still holding on to my mother.

"Of course you can."

My mom and I helped Lilli stand as the nurse handed her the crutches.

I held the door for the ladies as we went next door..to see Aaliyah.
Once in the doorway, Lilli stopped when she saw what was before her.

"A-Aaliyah?"

Suddenly Lilli used her crutches, swinging her arms as fast as she could to reach Aaliyah.
Throwing her crutches on the floor, Lilli grabbed Aaliyah's hands and started shaking her slightly. Unbelief was evident and it hurt to see them both like that.

"Aaliyah? Aaliyah? Aaliyah! Please wake up!!" Lilli cried.

I leaned against the wall, letting Lilli realize Aaliyah was not gonna wake up. She needed to let it out.

"Aaliyah please...please." Sobbing, Lilli pleaded.

My mother looked to me, in her eyes I saw her disbelief. But I knew what I was doing.

Lilli finally quieted and put her head on Aaliyah's chest, feeling her breaths.

I walked to them, and stood just a little far off.

"She'll wake when she's ready. I know, it hurts Lilli but we have to believe she'll return to us. She will."

-----------------------------*------------------
Liyah here, felt like this chapter was kinda bad but ugh thank you all for reading. Give me your thoughts please, I would like to know what you guys think