Chapter 58

Iain's POV
The clock sounded off a loud chiming as it struck 12. Giving it a quick look, I let out a breath to calm myself. Opening my med bottle I shook out two pills for me to take along with a sip of water.

"Man stop worrying! Everything's going to be okay. You got me, your dad and a couple of your other bros here. I can see it all over your face, don't worry brother."

I nodded as I swallowed my water. I forget sometimes that Dan and I have so many years of friendship under our belts. We are like brothers. I can't hide anything from him.

"I'm just a little nervous, you know?"

My father grunted as he got up from the love seat in the corner, hearing the exchange.

"Iain, it happens to everyone. I remember when it was time to marry your mother." He scoffed as he put a hand on my shoulder. "Son that was the day that hell had froze. I will never forget it. My feet got colder than the ocean floor I tell you, I was numb. I tell you."

Dan erupted in a fit of laughter on that one and even I couldn't help but crack a smile while shaking my head at my dad's cruel humor.

Hearing a knock on the door, I broke away from the laughter to see who it could've been.

"Who is it?" I asked before turning the knob.

"It's Jack. I have the suits little brother."

Opening the door I came face to face with my step brother. I could've sworn that I told Dan to pick up the suits.

"Thanks bro. Come on in, we can all get changed now." I said hesitantly.

Stepping inside the room, Jack handed off the suits to Dan and dad. Crashing down on the love seat loudly, he picked up an apple from the coffee table and bit into it agonizingly hard.

"So, little brother. You excited? I never thought you would do it."

"Do what?" I asked, confused by his antics.

Jack stopped chewing and threw the apple at me, only for me to raise my hand just in time to catch it before it hit my face.

"Grow the balls."

I stifled a bitter laugh as dad stepped in.
"Now Jack there's no need to talk like that. Not today."

"Yeah Jack." I said. "Not today." Grabbing my suit, I headed to the changing room so I could be ready on time. Opening up the bag, I whistled.

I couldn't have picked a better suit to wear

I couldn't have picked a better suit to wear. Laying out the fine outfit, I proceeded to get changed. I couldn't get my mind off of Aaliyah, I can't wait to see how she looks in her dress but most importantly I can't wait to take it off of her tonight.

Aaliyah's POV

"OW!!!" I exclaimed. Pushing Angela's hand away from me, the tweezers went flying.
"I told you to stay still!" She yelled.

"I did and somehow, you still nipped me. I am done, one hair won't kill me today, my makeup is finally done, can we please just get my dress on??"

Ginger nodded, and silently went to get the cloth bag.

"Aaliyah, that hair may not kill you but it will haunt my mind today."

I rolled my eyes and let out a dramatic sigh.
"Angela, you're the only one that will know it's there okay! Let it go." I picked up dew primer spray and pressed down a few times to make my makeup stick. Closing my eyes I let the spray hit my face.

Opening my eyes back up, I looked in the mirror and smiled

Opening my eyes back up, I looked in the mirror and smiled. Ginger came over with the cloth bag and gave me a kiss on my cheek.

"Are we thinking the same thing?" She asked.
I smirked and nodded.
"Oh. Definitely."

Angela came on the other side of me and put her head on my shoulder.

"Beautifullll." She sung. I giggled as I stood up to take the dress from Ginger.
"Definitely beautiful." I agreed.

"Tonight, Iain is going to tear you apart Liyah. You wait and see he won't be able to resist you."

I put my hand on my hip and used my other hand to wave up and down my body that currently had my undress lingerie on it.

"And who could resist this?"

"Not even Adonis!" Angela exclaimed. We all went into a fit of giggles as they helped me put on my dress. Zipping me up, Ginger let out a whistle. Turning around and looking in the mirror, I felt my eyes start to sting.

 Turning around and looking in the mirror, I felt my eyes start to sting

"Guys, this is really happening." I said.

As if knowing what I needed, on cue both of my best friends hugged me.

"Babe, it's happening but guess what? At least it is. Be happy honey." Ginger blew into my eye, making me yelp. "Now dry those eyes, it's too early to cry! No one has seen you yet."

I slapped her arm playfully as I used my knuckle to wipe some reserved tears that didn't fall.

"You're such a jackass Ginger."

Blowing me a raspberry, she gathered her things along with Angela to go get ready with my mother, sister and Julia.

Hearing the door close, I let out a breath I didn't know I was holding inside

Hearing the door close, I let out a breath I didn't know I was holding inside. I want to believe what I exhaled was worry and fear. I've waited too long for this, had too many doubts about this, but one thing is for damn sure. I am getting married today.

Picking up my bouquet, I held it in position and smiled. I was ready.