Chapter 3

The drive was silent. Aaliyah could feel Iain looking at her every once in a while. Crossing and uncrossing her feet on the passenger floor, she desperately tried to keep her breathing under control. It felt like it was 100 degrees in the car. The heat she felt for this man, was almost too much for her to bear.
Finally, they arrived at Aaliyah's desired place to eat.

"Table for two," Iain said to the host.

"Follow me,"
When they got to the table Iain had pulled Aaliyah's chair out for her.

"I never knew you were so chivalric Mr. Pliegue.",

"Please, call me Iain. You make me feel old and no need to be so formal outside of the office.",
They both laughed.

"Terribly sorry Iain, I suppose I would have to return that gesture and suggest you call me Aaliyah.", Iain gave an impressed smile before looking at the incoming host.

"Would you two like something to drink?", the host asked.

"I'll just have a water with lemon and a dash of cranberry juice.",

"Okay, got it. And you sir?", the man wrote down the drink request quickly.

"Same.", Iain said.

"Alrighty. It should be out soon.",

Aaliyah glanced at Iain inquisitively with a hint of amusement in her eyes.
"I didn't know we shared the like for the same drink Iain."
Iain put a finger on his lip, trying to stifle the laugh. "What? Was I suppose to let you outdo me like that? No way."
At that comment, both of them erupted in a flurry of laughter, bringing joyous tears to Aaliyahs' eyes.
"Interesting indeed." She thought. Clearing her throat, Aaliyah picked up her menu, making it cover her whole face.

"I can't let him get the slightest idea I'm attracted to him. Just look at me guffawing like that. Get a grip Aaliyah."

Aaliyah peeked up from her menu, looking over it at Iain to find him already staring at her. She quickly averted her eyes back to the salad section, raising the menu again.

"So how do you like working for me?",

"Hmm?" Aaliyah put down the menu conspicuously. "Oh I love the company. People are friendly and my skills make it very easy to reach your high requirements.", Aaliyah answered, smiling goofy.

Iain chuckled, shaking his head.
"Yes, I am quite the hassler aren't I?",

"I'm sure every boss is."

A waiter came to their table with the two odd drink requests.
"Hi, I will be your waiter for today, what can I get cha two?",
Iain looked down at the menu for a brief second.

"Can I have a steak- medium well, with mash potatoes and your grilled asparagus. ",

Aaliyah looked at Iain before dishing out her order as well.
"Grilled chicken Caesar salad please, I want blue dressing on the side along with the garlic roll.",

"Olives?", the waiter asked.
Aaliyah smile with confirmation.
"Olives.",

The waiter walked away after giving the two an estimation time for food preparation.
Aaliyah looked around the cozy diner, loving the atmosphere she comes so often to observe. Getting lost in her own trivial thoughts she was shocked when she meet the gaze of Iain. His eyes were so intense.

"Do I have something on my face?",
Iain looked amused at her question.
"No, but that's the problem.", Iain answered.

Confused, Aaliyah said
"So you're saying something should be on my face?",

"Yes.",

"And that would be....?",

"A smile. You look beautiful when you're smiling."

Aaliyah, at that answer indeed did smile brightly.
"Are you flirting with me Iain?",

"Oh I don't know. Maybe. Maybe not. I'd like to call it a kind service. "

Aaliyah stared at Iain bewildered.
'Maybe he likes me too.' She thought.