Chapter 22

When they finally pulled up to Iain's mansion their ice cream was all gone.
Iain realized Aaliyah had fallen asleep but Lili was still wide awake, wanting to see her new home. He took off his seatbelt and turned to face his daughter, putting his finger up to his lips telling her to be quiet because of the lightly snoring Aaliyah.
Getting out the car he walked over to the passenger side, opening the door he unbuckled Aaliyah and picked her up bridal style.
"Please close that Lilli.", Iain asked as he walked up the steps and inside his home. Taking Aaliyah up to his bedroom he put her on the bed gently and wrapped the covers around her. She stirred softly, sinking deeper into the comforter, looking completely content and relaxed. Brushing away her hair and giving her a kiss, Iain quietly exited the room and descended back down stairs to Lilli.
Reaching the last stair he saw her ordering around the Mover men, telling them where to put things and yelling at them if they didn't do something correct.
Iain chuckled deeply, watching his daughter act just as him when he was younger brought joy to his soul.
"Do as she says guys, I wouldn't mess with the young lady.",
Lilli looked over as she heard her daddy speak.
"I told you to listen to me!", The men nodded as they put the granite stand next to the foyer window, as commanded by Lilli.
"I see you're already taking charge.", Iain stared down at her with a serious face but amuse glinted eyes.
"Someone around here had to. They would've just put everything in the wrong place!", Lilli explained exasperatedly her defence.
"Well, I'm sure they know what they're doing.",
Looking down at her toes, Iain's daughter crossed her arms and sighed defeated. She knew better than to argue with a bigger and much more stubborn version of herself.
Lilli walked throughout her new home, first going to the living room, then through the kitchen door and through another door in the kitchen leading to stairs ascending. Arriving upstairs Lilli peeked in every room she passed. The study. An guest bedroom she assumed. Walking further down she came to a sky bluish door, opening it inside she saw various instruments. A bronze color piano, a indigo colored electric guitar with a matching acoustic next to it. Then she saw a cello, the most interesting of them all since she once played a Harp.
Trodding over to the cello she ran her friends up against it, strumming a few strings.
"I don't remember..", Lilli muttered to herself, realizing she didn't remember how to play a simple melody, she last played when she was 5.
Deciding to utilize the piano instead she sat down on the stood and ran her hands up and down the keys softly.
She pressed the D key before pressing G then A.
Before she knew it she was playing "StarGazing" and because she didn't know one part, substituted with a "Twinkle, Twinkle, Little Star", chord.
Getting more confident in her ability to play she decided to do "Lean on Me", a classic and somewhat more difficult song. The children would play this song at the foster house every thanksgiving, to practice gratitude.
The piano was so loud to Lilli she didn't hear anyone enter the room.
"Lean on me, when you're not strong, and I'll be your friend, to help you carry on.",
Aaliyah sat down next to Lilli, singing along with her piano playing, making harmonious sounds. The raw, raspy, yet soothing voice of Aaliyah went great with the chords being played. It came together wonderfully and Lilli encouraged her to keep going.
"Please, swallow your pride
If I have things you need to borrow
For no one can fill those of your needs
That you won't let show
You just call on me, brother, when you need a hand
We all need somebody to lean on
I just might have a problem that you'll understand
We all need somebody to lean on."
Playing the end chords, Lilli looked up at Aaliyah with astonishment and surprise.
"I didn't know you could sing!",
"And I didn't know you could play!",
Little did both of the girls knew, Iain had come shortly after Aaliyah, and saw everything.