Have A Great Summer

Hey Josh,

It's the end of another year, time flies right? We're Seniors now! And this time next May, we're going to be heading off to that great, wide world.

I never thought I'd ever be able to say that!

I don't want to cry all over your Yearbook, but there was a time, when I didn't think I was going to make it. Its just been so long, you know? After a while, you feel stuck, like no matter what you do – no matter how hard you try – you'll never be able to escape.

But then I met you.

You who sat next to me in Geometry and actually said, "Hello," instead of just pretending I wasn't there.

You who ate lunch with me, every day, even though all the "cool kids" thought you were weird.

You who invited me to Homecoming!

Me!

I've never been invited to anything before, but you didn't care what anyone else said, you were brave.

You're always so brave.

Josh, I know you'll never understand how much it means, but I just want to say thank you. Thank you for believing in me, for seeing me when no one else would, when I thought no one else could.

When you've been dead as long as I have, it's just nice to be seen. To know you aren't completely gone, to have hope – real hope – that maybe one day soon, you'll be able to move on.

Have a great summer,

Kaila.