Chapter Five.

Chapter Five:-

Today was Monday, I was supposed to feel annoyed. Everyone hates Monday's, right? But today, was the best day ever, and no one could ruin it for me.

-Flashback-

I sat down with my brother, watching tv and talking about yesterday, the day we went to Tanner's house, a knock on the door interrupted our conversation.

"I'll get it." I said, fixing my outfit.

I walked to the door and opened it to see Mason in front of me.

"Oh.. Mason, what are you doing here?" I asked.

"I wanted to talk to you about something." Mason replied.

"Oh." I muttered.

I opened the door and gave him space to walk in. I looked at him. He was wearing blue jeans and a black hoodie. He actually looked so good in black.

"Is it okay if we talk alone?" Mason asked.

"Sure, we could go to the kitchen." He nodded and we walked to the kitchen together.

I took out the apple juice from the refrigerator and poured it into the cup. I gave it to Mason, he smiled and thanked me.

"So, what do you want to talk about?" I asked, looking at him.

"Umm, I wanted to ask you if..." He stopped talking and looked down, scratching his head.

"Yeah..?" I raised an eyebrow.

"Will you go out with me?" He looked at me.

What? Is he serious?

"Huh?"

"Will you go out with me?"

"Uhh.. Y-yeah, sure." I stuttered, but deep inside, I was really happy.

"Oh... That's great!" He smiled widely at me.

"Is it... A date?" I asked, nervously.

"You can call it a date."

-End of Flashback-

"Earth to Payton!" I heard Brooke yell.

"Yeah? Sorry, I was.. Thinking about something." I apologised. "What were you saying?"

"Pay, you need to tell me right now! What's in that little brain of yours?" She said, poking my head.

"Fine, fine!" I huffed.

"Last night, Mason asked me out on a date.." I started. "Umm, and then he asked me to be his girlfriend."

Brooke screamed, getting everyone's attention to us.

'Sorry' I mouthed and everyone turned around.

"Really, Brooke? Did you really have to do that?" I asked, glaring at her.

"I'm sorry." She apologised.

"It's alright. Anyways, let's get to our English class now."

• • • • •

"Yo, Payton!" I heard someone whisper, but I ignored it.

The person started kicking my chair.

"What!?" I turned around and glared at the guy behind me.

It was Danny Roberts. The guy who bumped into me on the first day in the hallway.

"Do you wanna hangout after school?" He asked.

I continued glaring at him.

"As friends, of course." He added.

"If you let me focus, I'll give you an answer!" I turned my attention back to Mrs. Smith.

"Everyone listen please!" Mrs. Monroe called.

Everyone looked at her.

"Everyone has to write a 50 pages essay about the importance of the ozone layer. And everyone gets a partner." Mrs. Monroe said.

"Do we get to choose our partner?" A girl asked.

"No." Everyone groaned, including me.

"I wanna be your partner." Brooke pouted.

"Same. We'll see what happens now." I replied and looked back at Mrs. Monroe.

"I'm gonna call your names, and you have to sit with your partner." Mrs. Monroe told us.

"Ashley and Brenda." She called out.

"Lilly and Katherine..."

"Ben and Jenna..."

"Brooke and Jake.."

"Ohmygod! Brookee! You're gonna be with Jake!" I squealed.

"I know right! Oh God, this is the best day ever! I'll talk to you later!" She waved and walked to Jake's seat.

After calling more names, she called mine.

"Payton and Danny."

"Oh, great." I smacked my head on the table.

"I guess I'm lucky." I heard Danny say.

"Shut up, Danny." I glared at him.

•       •       •       •       •