Chapter Twenty Nine.

Chapter Twenty Nine:-

I woke up the next day, checking my phone. Nobody texted me. No Travis, no Alex, and no Axel.

I was in my pj's, but I still went to Travis' house. I needed to know the reason why he's been avoiding me. I knocked on his door and he opened it in a second. When he saw me, his face turned a little red but then he frowned.

"Pay? What are you doing here?"

"We need to talk." I pushed him inside and walked in, closing the door behind me.

"Why do you never text me?" I asked him. "We talked about me not hanging out with you a lot. When we started talking, you talked to me for a few days and then you just, stopped texting. Why?"

"I've been really busy, I'm sorry." He apologized.

"Travis, you always say you're busy. You can't be busy your whole life." I said.

He stared at the ground, not saying anything.

"Can you say something?"

He was still quiet. Why was he being like this? Why couldn't he just, talk to me? I just want my best friend back, the one who used to hangout with me everyday, the one who always helped me when I got in trouble, the one who was there for me when nobody was. I missed him.

"Payton.. I like you, okay?" Wait, what?

I stared at him, with my eyes wide open.

"I tried warning you about Mason, but you wouldn't listen to anyone. You looked happy, kind of. So I just stayed away. I didn't want to lose you. I didn't want you to get hurt, i hate seeing you get hurt. I really like you, Payton."

"I.." I was speechless. I didn't know what to say.

"Travis... you-you're my best friend. I.. I'm sorry.."

"I know you don't like me that way. I just needed to let it out." He said. "I'm sorry if I made you feel awkward."

"I'm really sorry." I apologized.

"It's okay." He said. "Best friends?" He opened his arms, waiting for me to hug him.

"Best friends." I answered, hugging him.

At least it won't be awkward anymore.

Now, I need to go back home and text Axel. Because we don't talk like we used to before. I said goodbye to Travis and drove back home. I walked inside and went up to my room. I opened my laptop and checked my Skype. No messages.

I opened Axel's chat and started typing a message.

Paytonray: Heyy! I just wanted to ask you, why did we stop talking? We used to talk a lot before. We used to call each other and talk for hours. I missed that.

I waited for 5 minutes, 5 turned into 10, and 10 turned into 20. I got tired, logged out of Skype and turned off my laptop. I texted Brooke but she didn't reply, which means that she's busy with her parents. So I just left my phone, played a movie and started watching it quietly, alone, waiting for any vibrations.

I needed Axel to reply, I had to talk to him. I needed to know what's wrong with him.

Oh, I forgot something! I was supposed to text Alex the color of my dress. I texted him 'maroon' and placed the phone back on my nightstand. A few minutes later, it vibrated.

Pool Guy: aight.

Pool Guy: do you want to go out? We could go to McDonald's.

Me: sure, pick me up?

Pool Guy: yeah, sure.

Well, at least I have something to do now. I got up and entered the bathroom, stripped off my clothes and took a quick shower. When I was done, I blow dried my hair, braided it into two braids, and I started getting dressed.

I wore a maroon sweatshirt and black leggings. I wore my Adidas and sat down on my bed, waiting for Alex to pick me up. I was too lazy to walk to my brother's room, so I just texted him.

Me: going to McDonald's with Alex, kkay?

I was about to close my phone, but I got a reply,

Bro <3 : alright, take care. And don't be late. Be back by 10.

Me: sure.

I closed my phone and stared at the ceiling, waiting for Alex.

• • • • •