Partial Paralysis

"Magnus, get Samirah. Piper and I got the Giants." I said. He nodded and Piper and I ran through the clearing at the monsters. She unsheathed her trusty dagger, and I was about to reach for mine, but I hesitated. I can't use that sword. I stabbed myself with it. I threw two of my throwing stars at two of the giant's necks. They disintegrated and I continued to run forward. I then felt the skin on my neck rip open. I felt as though blood was escaping my neck and that I couldn't breathe, that I was choking on my own blood. I knew it was a hallucination, so I continued fighting.

I threw two more throwing stars, one hit the Giant's neck and the other hit his eye. My left eye started to burn like a thousand suns, I felt blood drip down my face and soon I could no longer see. I lifted my hands to feel my face. I felt the blood seep through my fingers. I let loose a gasp for air, for I felt as though I couldn't breathe. I was in so much pain — I can't even begin to put it into words. The face of the arai flashed before my blinded eyes with her wicked smile and her fangs that resembled sickening razors. Her slimy hands reached for my head again, and so I ducked.

I fell flat on my podex, and I heard as Piper killed the remainder of the monsters. I heard Samirah rise and thank Magnus, but I couldn't see anything. All that I saw was blood, gallons and gallons of blood. It was my own blood. Soon it grew too dark to see anything, even the smallest glimmer of light, of hope.

"Gaea?" Magnus called. His voice sounded distant. "Are you okay?" Piper asked, though her voice sounded as though it were lost in the wind. I felt a slimy hand grab my wrist and ask "Gaea? Are you there?" The voice sounded venomous and vile. The sickening smile flashed before my eyes once again of the arai. I let loose another gasp for air. I couldn't breathe. I was suffocating.

"We need to get her back, now." I heard Piper say, though her voice sounded as quiet as it possibly could be. Soon, all that I could hear was the waterfall that continuously rained down gallon after gallon of blood — I mean water. I could hear the sickening laugh of the arai and the sound of her fangs ripping skin. I could hear the sound of her innocent victims screaming for help and in agony.

I felt blood drop from my lips. I felt blood fall from my eyes like tears. I felt blood leave the wound on my neck like water fell off the cliff of a waterfall. I felt two slimy hands hold me in a princess hold. I squirmed and kicked and screamed, but to no avail. "What happened to her?" I heard Samirah ask, though her voice mixed in with the loudness of the waterfall. "I don't know." Magnus whispered.

I saw the Roman warrior's skin peel off like paper. I saw the housewife freeze in place as she called for help. I saw Percy fight off hundreds of arai's and Annabeth wander aimlessly, strikingly close to the edge of the cliff. I felt the curse that the warrior felt. I felt the curse that the housewife felt. I felt the curses that Percy felt. I was paralyzed by fear. I felt my neck snap as it banged against Magnus's arms. I felt my legs hit a tree. I felt Magnus step on the steps of the Argo II. "Samirah!" I heard Blitzen call, but once again, it sounded like a mere whisper.

"What happened?" I heard Annabeth call with worry. I felt myself get laid out on the deck. I felt what seemed to be foam escape my lips. I writhed in agony. Someone open my mouth and poured nectar down my throat. "Not too much, Percy." I heard the same vile voice sneer. I felt his curses again, in one second of petrifying agony.

The blood started to leave my eyes. I started to see the glimmer of light, of hope. Soon enough, I saw all of my friends worried faces above me.

I took deep breaths and sat up. Magnus supported my back. "S-Samirah, good to see you." I said. "Don't try to change topics." She said with her arms crossed and her forehead creased in worry. "What happened to you out there?" Annabeth asked. "I don't know." I said, which wasn't a complete lie. "What did happen to me?" I asked. I turned to face Magnus and Piper.

"You threw four throwing stars, three hit their necks and one hit an eye, and you-you sort of just collapsed on your knees. You were grabbing your throat like you couldn't breathe and trying to wipe your eyes as if you couldn't see. When we got back here, you started seizing and foaming at the mouth."

"I could see fine." I stated. "So, what happened?" Magnus asked. He looked so worried. "I guess - I guess my curse was involuntary suffocation or seizures or something." I said. "Did it happen yesterday?" Percy asked. "No." I said. I took a deep breath. "I'll learn how to control it; I'm sorry for the scare." I concluded. I rose and walked over to Samirah. "What about you? What happened? I thought I saw you in a house with your dad?" I asked. "He knew you were trying to find it, so he transported me to Niagara." She said.

"How's your stomach?" I asked. "It's much better." She said. I smiled lightly at her. "So, I'm guessing that we have to go to Seven Sister's next?" Piper said. I could see that she was worried about Jason. "Yes, but, we have an issue." I said. She tilted her head. "It's called Seven Sister's because seven girls have to enter. It has to be seven, and it has to be girls." I said. "Well, we have five here. Where can we get two more?" Samirah asked.

"I think I know where to find them." Percy said.

What two girls do you think he will call?
I know!
(But I can't tell you yet!)
Vote
Comment
Share
Thanks
~camp_hero