Return

We all sat around the dining table. Leo's seat remained empty. "Who cares what the prophecy says? We should have taken him with us." Percy said. "Then, why didn't we?" Samirah asked. "The team leader didn't let us." Jason said in a malice tone. "Don't blame it on her; it was meant to happen this way." Magnus said. "And what if it was Samirah who had to stay behind? Would you argue that?" Hazel asked. "No. We both understand what has to happen. We thought you did, too." Samirah snapped.

"Yes, we believe in destiny. But we also believe in changing destiny. Fate is not as strict as it's thought to be; it is changeable." Annabeth said. "If you believed this, then why didn't you say so before?" I asked. Annabeth was silent. "He was one of us, and a leader doesn't leave anyone behind. You having been alive for so long, I thought that you would know that." Percy practically spat.

"In case you seem to forget, 79 years of my life were spent imprisioned by Thor." I defended. "And what of the other two centuries?" Thalia asked. "I-" I started, but was cut off by Piper saying "I'm not that experienced, but even I know that there was another way." I closed my eyes and said "I would have stayed behind."

"So, why didn't you?" Reyna asked. "I'm needed at the final battle." I stated. "How do you know?" Jason asked. "Loki showed me the future." I said with my eyes squeezed shut. "What did you see?" Blitzen asked. "The same one as Hazel, remember?" I said.

"He said I had to kill Leo. Leo had the spirit ship on his arm. It made sense." I defended. "We already discussed this. And it would make more sense for me to stay because I have the Nidstang." Samirah said. I paused. "I-I need some air." I said. I walked out to the deck and looked behind me. No one followed me. I clutched onto the railing until my fists turned white. I took a deep breath and dove into the icy water. I looked toward where our ship was headed, and saw that a storm was brewing. I had to hurry. I used my powers to propel me to the rock and through it into the mer-city. I should have known better! Samirah did have the Nidstang!

I propelled myself to the cages, managing to hide myself from the guards' attention. I blasted open the coral cell door. Leo leapt to his feet with a fresh set of handcuffs on. "Let's go." I said. "Where's everyone else?" He asked as I removed his cuffs. "On the ship." I snapped. "Are you okay?" He asked. "Yeah, I'm fine." I said.

His cuffs were off, and so we started our exodus. I saw a guard, and so I pulled Leo behind a pillar. "Grab my waist." I demanded. He did as I asked, and so I propelled myself and Leo through the rock, and back onto the deck. We landed with a thud onto the deck. We were on the brink of the storm. I dragged the water particles off of the two of us and asked "Leo, can you get us away from the storm?"

"I can try." He said. "Do it, I'll warn the others." I said. He nodded and we went our separate ways. I ran down to the Mess Hall and said "Storm's coming." Everyone immediately dropped their utensils and followed me to the deck. "Oh my gods." Annabeth exclaimed as she saw the storm awaiting us. Gigantic grey storm clouds gathered over head, thunder cackled in the distance, lightning slapped the waves, and the ocean had a fit of anger.

"Leo, how's it coming?!" I asked. "Almost done!" He called back. "Wait — what?" Jason exclaimed. "When did he get back?" Percy asked. "Few minutes ago, I brought him back without any trouble." I said.  "You went alone? You could have been killed!" Piper exclaimed. "But I wasn't." I snapped rather harshly. They recoiled and focused on the task at hand.

Leo hit a button and the ship shot at an angle above the ocean but not yet into the clouds. We went steadily along this increasing angle for ten or so minutes, and it seemed rather peaceful. Once we got above the storm clouds, everyone relaxed. Leo emerged from the control room and was greeted with warm embraces. While this was happening, I retreated to my room. I slowly closed the door and locked it. I peeled off my t-shirt, which was sticky for some reason.

I escaped my pants, and stared at my barren reflection. I saw the scars on my arms, legs, torso, everywhere. I am beaten up. I saw the bruises, the black's and blue's. I saw the way they dotted my body, as though they managed to arrange themselves like the stars in the night sky. They had some pattern, though I knew not of it. I slipped on a large t-shirt and shorts, unlocked my door, and went to bed.

I laid there for what felt like hours. I couldn't hear anything upstairs. Perhaps they went to bed, too. All that I do know is that I am tired, and I need rest.

YAYY
Vote
Comment
Share
Thanks
~camp_hero