The Queen Of The Night

Two hours later, two pegasi landed on the Argo II, and off hopped two girls. One wore a silver jumpsuit and another wore Roman battle armor. "Thalia! Reyna!" Annabeth called. They hugged and were introduced to all of us. "Gaea, that's quite a coincidence." Reyna said with a wary look on her face. "Believe me, I know." I said.

"So, what exactly are we doing here? I just heard that Jason was in trouble, so I came running." Thalia said. "We think that Jason is being held in the Seven Sister's waterfall. We need seven girls to enter, and they said that you two were the best ones that they could call." I responded.

"Aw! You guys are so sweet!" Thalia said with a clasped hand over her heart in total sarcasm. "When do we get there?" Reyna asked. "Not until almost three A.M." Leo said. "What should we do until then?" Reyna asked. "I think that you two need to get caught up." Magnus said. He wrapped an arm around Annabeth's shoulders and said "Annabeth is my cousin." He stated bluntly.

Thalia's eyes bulged out of her head. "WHAT?!" She bellowed. Reyna, on the other hand, didn't look at all surprised. "How are you two related?" She asked. "Mortal family." Annabeth responded. Magnus wrapped his other arm around my shoulder and said "But we have the same godly dad."

"Who?" Thalia asked. "Frey." I responded. "As in, the Norse god?" Reyna asked. We nodded, and from there on, explained the entirety of the Norse world. We managed to migrate to the dining hall and sat around the table. Whilst we ate dinner and explained this to them, I kept an eye on this Reyna character. She was beautiful, as were all of the girls here, and she radiated courage and bravery. Thalia radiated the same thing as her brother: power. I think that Reyna and I will get along nicely, for she knew how to keep her cool.

It ended up being around ten o'clock and so we called it a night. "Who wants to take watch?" Percy asked. "I have first." I said as I rose from the table. "I'll take second." Leo said. I made my way upstairs and once I got to the top, I pressed my ear to the ground. "Gaea seems nice." Thalia said. "Can we trust her?" Reyna asked. "Yeah, she's saved our lives over and over again, plus she's super powerful." Piper said.

"She seems...sketchy, like something is off." Reyna said. "She recently had to kill an arai, and she told us her curse was involuntary suffocation or seizures of something. She doesn't really know." Annabeth said. "Why did she have to kill an arai?" Thalia asked. And so, they explained. "Gaea cared for a human? I find that hard to believe." Thalia said. After a few moments of silence, they called it a night and went to sleep. I rose from my spot on the ground and walked over to the railing. I held onto the railing so hard that my knuckles turned white. I heard footsteps behind me, and so I took a breath and spun around. "Reyna." I said. "Gaea." She responded.

She walked up to me and stood next to me at the railing. "This suffocation curse, how many times has it happened?" She asked. "Twice." I lied. "I know it happened once during battle, when was the second time?" Reyna asked.

"Last night, I walked to my bed, sat down, and then I just — couldn't breathe." I said. "It was a brave thing you did, killing the arai without knowing the repercussions." Reyna said. "Thanks." I said. She nodded and continued by saying "Your Greek mother, Astrape, I haven't heard much of her." Reyna said. "She's been held in captivity for gods know how long. I freed her when I retrieved Blitzen and Hearthstone." I explained. She nodded.

"You seem rather smart, so tell me, why are we on this quest?" Reyna asked. "A prophecy." I stated simply. "What does it say?" She asked.

"The silver tongue sliced at the base,
Her secret weapon to be the mace, Orphaned young and secrets hidden,
Mortal body to be ridden,
Final battle to end the war,
Loki's wrath to end with a roar." I recited.

"It's about you." Reyna stated. I nodded slowly. "Loki is in possession of the weapon that can start Ragnarok, Magnus's sword. We need to gather our crew and stop him before the full moon, for that's when the island is accessible." I explained. She nodded. "I've heard of your track record, it's quite remarkable." I stated. She has achieved so much, I look up to her now, never mind later.

"Thank you." She said blissfully. "Welcome." I said in Latin. Latin and English use the same word for welcome, but it is pronounced differently. "Latine loqueris. Quid aliud?" She asked.

"I speak Norwegian, Greek, Italian, French, Spanish, Russian, Chinese, Japanese, and obviously Latin." I responded. "Interesting. How long did it take you to learn?" She asked. "The better part of my life." I said. She nodded. "How old are you?" She asked. "Around 300, give or take a few." I said. She was dumbfounded, but then realized why that isn't such a wild thing to be. "Oh, so you're immortal?" She asked.

"Yeah, but I don't know if I'm immortal until death or just like the gods." I said. "Let's hope that we never find out." She said with a small smile. "How come you aren't sleeping? Shouldn't you be tired?" I asked her. "I could ask you the same." She said. I nodded and said "Fair point."

"You and I are quite the same." She stated. "How so?" I asked. "We both have a little bit of mystery to us." She said as she stared absentmindedly towards the stars.

Yesterday, I was scared of the starry night sky and the demons that lurked, but now, standing next to her, I'm not afraid. If only I always felt so safe. I guess that I'll always have to be near Reyna, queen of the night.

AWWW BFFL PAIR MADE
OR?
Hmm
A lot can happen now
But u should prob just vote comment and share k thx
~camp_hero