Chapter 11

"Why Angela??", I ask purely curious. I could see Aaliyah shift in her heels and put a hand on her hip, probably thinking of a valid reason or an extraordinary excuse. Same thing.

"Because, she has amazing work ethic. She is excelling down in communications and should really be promoted to something more challenging, I know she can do it. Technical Support is a walk in the park for her, just imagine what she could do for you up here.",

"And how do you know?", I'm teasing now, I know by now that Angela must be a friend of hers, but it's just fun to see her strain to explain something so simple.
"Angela is my friend Iain, and I'm not recommending her because of that, but for the fact I know she has the requires for this position. My shoes are going to be hard to fill, I can help her accumulate though I doubt she'll need it. ",

I pretended to look like I was thinking about it, when really from the moment she said Angela, I agreed. I can't say I haven't been looking at her file. She's been due for recognition for a very long time.

"Okay, I expect her here early tomorrow morning to fill in her new desk.",

I saw Aaliyah's face light up.
"Oh thank you! You won't regret it Mr. Pliegue I guarantee it.",

"I hope not.",
I picked up the brown box and started to head out the door, peeking over my shoulder I saw Aaliyah still standing in the same place near her desk.
"Are you not coming?", I asked.

"Oh!", Aaliyah snapped out of her daydream and followed behind me as quickly as her heels would allow.
We took the elevator back down and passed the many hard working employees. Many stared as we walked by, I saw Aaliyah look down out of shyness. She needed to stop the sudden timidness.

"Walk with confidence.",
Aaliyah looked up, very confused.
"What was that?",

"I said walk with confidence. Hold your head high and stare into people's eyes. Shyness portrays fear. Being with me, you must learn confidence.",

What..... Being with me....
What did he mean by that?
Replaying his words I looked straight ahead of me and walked as strong as I could. It's not that I lacked confidence, it's just next to him I felt so small.

"Good," he said,
"Confidence is an attractive trait.",

I love how he commanded me to stand taller. To look braver. It wasn't a question but a statement. I'm starting to think he actually has feelings for me. But, could that even be possible? Right, confidence. I stand up straighter, so my shirt is tight around my chest.

Iain looked at me and snickered.

"Are you laughing at me?", I say giggling a bit.

He smiles, that beautiful smile of his.
"Not at you, but with you.",

I hummed a "mmhm", as we pushed through the exit doors and continued our stroll to Iain's car.
Iain put my box in his trunk and then preceded to open the passenger side door for me. Without hesitation I got in and put on my seat belt. I mentally made a note to come back and get my car later.

Iain got in the car and started it up, I wondered where we were going when the work day has literally just began.

"Iain, where are we going?",

"I'm taking you to work.",
I tried to ask other questions but he would just stay silent. To say I was confused was an understatement, I was baffled.
We rode from town into the suburban area, I started to see homes and familiar looking places.
Finally Iain drove into a drive way and parked, I knew where we were now.

"Why are we at your house....",

Iain unbuckled his seatbelt and then looked at me.
"Because, this is now where you're going to work and be 80% of the time. Now get out of the car.",

Unbuckling my seatbelt as well I opened the car door and get out, following Iain up to his home stairs once again, it felt so déjà vu.
We walked into the foyer then the living room, my feet were killing me from all the walking I've done in my heels today so I decided to sit on his couch. His living room looked amazing, his house looks ten times better than mine.
Then again it was hard to buy anything other than a shoe box in New York on a secretary's salary. Even at the one of the richest companies in the world. That's all going to change.
"Hello earth to Aaliyah.",

Aaliyah snapped out of her thoughts, coming back to reality. "Oh sorry!",

"I said wait here while I get the contract.",

What contract? Oh god, I feel like I'm missing so much, how drunk was I the other night?