Grief and Rejection

The tears poured from my eyes like a waterfall. I sobbed. "We're sending her to you. I'm sorry for your loss."
"Wait, umm what about a woman named Miranda Collins?"
"She's not dead but has very serious injuries. I'm sorry but we tried to save Ms. Nia but her injuries were too severe and she lost to much blood."
"Pls do everything you can to save Miranda, she's family to me," I sobbed.

"We will try," she said. I hung up and cried. I sobbed and sobbed until I fell asleep. I woke up when I felt someone holding me. I opened my eyes and saw Mali. "Why are you crying dear?" she asked running her hand thru my hair. I remembered the phone call and sobbed. "Nia-Nia's dead. She died in the plane crash," I sobbed. She held me tighter. "I'm sorry sweetie. Would you like me to stay here with you for a while or May?" I nodded. I stopped crying for a while.

It was night now. Mali was carrying me outside. When she locked the door, she let her wings out. She took off. I looked down letting the wind fly thru my hair. I asked if she could take me to the cave. When we got there, she sped walked us to the crack. She helped me in and sealed the crack off. I rolled my sweats off and took off the wrap I had on my ankle.

I put me feet into the water. It heals physical wounds at least. I winced from time to time. I sat in silence, Mali went thru the portal to help May pack. After a while they came back. I stood up. I rolled my sweats back down and put the wrap in May 's bag.

"C'mon," I said. We stepped thru the crack and I shifted into my wolf. May let her wings out and we raced each other home. She won by a little. I shifted back and unlocked the door. I showed where she could sleep. I went to sleep. I woke up when I heard the bell. I walked down stairs.

I opened the door. "Carla Vasquez?" a man asked. He had orange hair. He had a suit on. He's pretty young.

I nodded

I nodded. "Can I come in?"
"Sure." We sat down on the couch in the living room. "Okay, so Nia left everything to you." I looked confused. "Aren't you supposed to come after the funeral?" I asked.

"Yes but she told me come immediately?"
"Ok. So what do you mean everything this is all she has."
"Oh no no no she has more. She has a massive mansion. Tons of money too."
"Do I have to move to that mansion? I like this house."
"Yes it's her wishes."
"But-"
"I'm sorry, she's already going to sell this place in 2 months."
"O."
"Oh yeah, umm there was a bit of a problem so I'm kinda you bodyguard."
O.O "wait what?" "People will try to kill you."

"Ok," I shrugged, "She thinks I can't handle myself."
"I don't know but my name's Jake, I'll see you in 2 months at the mansion." he said leaving in a hurry. I shrugged locking the door. I head upstairs making a big mistake. Walking into Nia's room. I fell down to my knees. I cried and sobbed. May came in with a worried look. She held me as I sobbed. Then a terrible pain came in my heart happened. It was worse than ever. It was like getting stabbed in the heart a million times.

"What's wrong," May asked. "My heart it hurts," I said screaming.

May POV

I got furious. Her mates cheating. "I'll be right back." I left the house and to her mates. I broke the door down and looked for her mate. I opened a door and saw him making out with a girl. He looked so scared. I grabbed him by his throat and choked him. My blue eyes shining with rage. He was so scared. I pulled him off his bed and unto the floor. The girl tried to escape but didn't make it far. I knocked the girl out and stomped on Dean.

"You're here cheating with this piece of trash when someone in her family died!" I yelled at him. He laughed. "I never cared for her anyway." I punched and kicked him. Carla pulled me off him. She said, "I Carla Vasquez reject you Alpha Dean Thomas." "Ha I accept. Your lost." "Nope yours." she said punching him in the stomach with all her strength that all the air in his lungs ran out leaving him wheezing for a bit. She jumped out his window and went home.

I cleared his memory of knowing where the portal is, then stomped the girl breaking her ribs and nose. I broke her legs, one of her arms and a jaw. Never get on my bad side.

Time skip

Carla POV

Its been a week since that day. Today I'm having the funeral. I put on a long black dress that goes to my ankles I found my black 3 inch heels. I sorta dyed my hair black. I curled my hair and put water proof mascara on. I sat in her room remembering things. I remember my first shift. The first time you shift is around 7 or 8 on a full moon. 3 times under a full moon then you can shift when you want.

We arrived at the church where the funeral was held. I sat down. Every one talked about the good things about her. I cried the entire time. I couldn't go up there cause I would've broke down crying.

It ended. We drove to the cemetery. I saw them bury her and then I just went home. I changed and locked myself in my room. I would allow May in every time she had food.

Well turns out Dean's a jerk and never make May mad. Vote if you like this chapter, comment if you want a character in the story, and share with others and

Always remember

-the darkest secrets are often the most oblivious😉

Word count 1037