Cat & Mouse and Vacation

Raven POV

I made it downstairs to see Carla running out the front door. She shifted into her wolf as she made it outside. I did the same. 'Carla, stop being stubborn,' I yelled in the mindlink. 'I'm not going,' she yelled back. She is really fast. 'Thanks, I can almost beat an angel in a race,' she said. 'Don't they fly around 75 mph?' I asked. '85,' she said. 'Oh good to know,' I said. Well I'm gonna get her. 'Turn here, you can cut her off around a cliff,'  my wolf said. I did what she said. I caught up finally and got her to a cliff. She shifted human backing away breathing fast. I shifted human also and walked towards her breathing slightly fast. "Come on Carla," I said holding my hand out for her. She looked back at the edge. She was close by the ledge. She stopped before walking back towards me. "Fine you win," she said looking defeated. "Good," I said. "Let's go." I waited for her to walk in front of me. She turned around quickly before I could grab her and she ran and jumped off the cliff and my heart fell into my stomach. I then saw Jake flying with Carla in his arms. "I'm going to kill you both," I shouted. My voice echoed through out the woods.

"Need a lift?" Alex asked behind me. His wings were out and he looked serious somewhat. "Yes please," I said standing up. He put me in his arms before taking off. I looked around looking for them. "Over there," I said pointing. My eyes glowed with rage. 'Carla,' I screamed in the mind link. She turned around to see us. She had the nerve to wave and smile at me. This angered me more to the point my wolf was trying to break out. They turned left towards a city. "Won't they see you?" I asked. "Not if we want them to see us," he said. "What about us?" I asked. "No, we are using our magic to make y'all unseen. Only magical beings will be able to see us," he explained. "Ok that makes sense," I replied. "Do you know where they might be going?" I asked. He shook his head as we made it to another woods area. They started going down. "Hurry up, we might lose them," I said. He started going down and my adrenaline had started pumping.

They went into the forest and began dodging trees and we followed. 'Carla, we're catching up,' I said. She looked back to see us at least 50 inches from her. I saw a cave up ahead and they flew into it. As we came across it, I flew out of Alex arms rolling on the floor and going so fast, I think I may have fractured a bone. "Ow!" I yelped as Alex hissed and screamed in pain. I look to see Alex on his back. His wings were gone and he was groaning on the ground. "Angel portal is up ahead," he said. He sat up and I saw burns on him. "Oh my gosh, are you alright?" I asked worried. "I'm fine. There's a barrier that keeps demons out. All other supernatural can enter along with humans, but the humans can't go far. They'll die," he said. "Go, I'll be fine," he said. I saw the burns healing. I nodded. I got up but fell back down as pain went through my ankle. "Are you alright," he asked. "Fine," I said getting up again. I'm not gonna give up over a broken ankle and a fractured wrist. I shifted and ignored the need to give up and rest. I started running, whimpering as the pain was becoming unbearable. Carla you are gonna pay. I made it to the end and noticed a crack in the wall. I can fit through there.

I climbed through it and saw Carla and Jake relaxing. I shifted human and glared a hole straight through her. "Carla," I growled out. They both looked up in surprised. "Hey Raven," she said nervously. I took a step closer but collapsed as my legs gave out. "Jake, help me," she said walking towards me. She was pulling me to some water. "What are you doing," I asked. "This might hurt a bit," she said. She gave a push and I rolled into the water. I splashed around trying to get my head above the water. My ankle started hurting along with my wrist, cuts, and bruises I received from that delightful fall and roll. "What are you trying to drown me?" I asked angrily. She just laughed. I then noticed the pain had stopped and I was able to move my ankle without it hurting. "It's an enchanted lake. It heals wounds in a matter of seconds unless it's severe," Jake said and Carla nodded. "Oh," I said. I climbed out the water. My clothes and hair was soaking wet.