The Vase

The vase Nia gave me for my birthday is broken. Jake and Alex were looking at me. The house also smelled of fish as they laid around. At least they were frozen. My eyes were glowing brightly as rage overtook my body. I wanted to shift into my wolf but I held out. My body then decided to shift into a half shift which is extremely painful. "I leave for a couple days and you destroy the house. I was hoping not to come to this but you are going into an escape room whether you like it or not before I murder you both, mate or not!" I yelled but it came out as a growl. Like an Alpha tone growl. Jake opened his mouth"DO NOT DARE TALK!" I yelled still half shifting. Crack. "OW!" I yelled as I fell to my knees. "Carla, calm down," Raven said uncaringly. Snap. "Ow. I'm going for a run," I said clenching my already sharp teeth. I let myself shift and took off running as fast as I could into the woods. I ignored the pain in my legs. Leave for a couple days and- SNAP.

I'm being followed. I shifted human and inhaled the air. "Luca," I said. "You seem angry," he said. "You wouldn't understand," I said balling up my fist. "Ok," he replied. "What are you doing here?" I asked. "I ran farther than I thought," he replied. "How?" I asked questionably. "Well when your pack makes dumb mistakes and rogues attacks and a business to run along with a lot of other things, you tend to get a lot of stress and enraged," Luca said. I just nodded. I may not have a pack or a business, yet, but I do have some annoying people in my life. "So, are you really gonna help me either way it goes?" he asked. "Of course, why not? I can at least help one pack," I replied. "Can't believe they actually fell for it. I mean, what do I have to be afraid of," he said laughing. "Yep, but there are plenty of things to be afraid of," I laughed along. "Like what?" he asked amused. The person you cared about dies, thinking you know your best friend but you don't, living with regrets, thinking everything is your fault, having nightmares, the empty feeling in your heart that no one can fill. The list goes on. "Heights are pretty scary, so is making a mistake," I said.

"Depends if your life is on the line I guess," he replied. "Yeah," I said back. We talked for awhile before going back the place we were. I took a deep breath before turning the knob to meet reality. I opened the door and seen the place the vase once was was cleaned up. My suitcase was still by the door and the frozen fish was gone. The aroma of fish was replaced by the smell of bleach and flowers. I grabbed my suitcase and carried upstairs. I threw everything into the washer and started it. I walked in my room and took a shower. I started humming Thanks For The Memories by Fall Out Boy. I got out, put on my clothes, and laid on my bed.

Mali POV

"Take him away," I declared pointing at the crying fool. "No, please. I didn't do it. I promise," he yelled as the guards dragged the demon away. "Mali, that was the last one for the day," Leono said. I just nodded my head. I stood away from the table and walked away. "Mali, you need to sign this," Angelo said to me with documents in his arm. His twin sister Angela was cowering behind him. They both have light brown hair and blue eyes. "What are these about?" I asked firmly. Angelo shrugged. "Go put them in my office," I said. He nodded before walking away. I walked down the path to the portal. I stepped through it and was in Carla's house. I called out. I heard movement before someone running down the stairs. "Mali," Carla said running to hug me. "Sorry, I've been so busy," I said. "It's alright," she said to me. 

"Are you alright?" I asked. "I'm alright," she replied. We pulled away and walked over to the couch. "Don't lie to me," I replied in a soft tone. "I'm just stressed," she said wiping her eyes. 

She smiled before falling asleep in my arms. I laid her on the couch and covered her with cover. I need to stretch my wings. I walked out the door and spread them. I flapped my wings and I was lifted off the ground with ease. I flew through the sky looking around. Nothing unusual. I was flying over the city and saw a mix of vampires, werewolves, humans, hybrids, angels, demons, etc. I smiled at the sight. An angel looked up at me and waved. I waved back and some humans stared at her strangely. 'Mali, we need you back,' I heard Angelo. 'On my way back,' I said diving into the woods and into the cave full speed ahead. I slipped through the crack and landed with ease.

Carla POV

I woke back up to see the tv on and Raven watching it while eating a sandwich. "Afternoon," she said without looking at me. "Guess what?" I said to her. "Escape room," I said happily. She slowly turned her head towards me with a creepy smile. "Let's do it," she said. "Where are they?" I asked getting up from the couch. "Golden eyes needed your mate, and mine is somewhere," she said. "Alright, I'll get mine and you'll get yours," I said.

I'm so sorry for taking forever to update. I have writer's block bad and I've been working on two drafts. One of them I will put out maybe soon. I also apologize because I also been busy at school. Sorry for this being short.