Chapter 2 - Detention

Skye's POV

I went to the lunchroom and sat with my friends. "What's wrong?" Jay asked me as I sat down.

"Nathan Sykes is what's wrong! He is such a dick!" I said.

"Maybe you won't have many classes with him?" Siva said, trying to be optimistic.

"I appreciate your optimism Seev, but i've already had 2 classes with him, and he's been -"

"2 classes is nothing!" Alex said.

"You didn't let me finish! What I was saying was that he's really mean. If you were me, you'd know what I was talking about." I said.

"You have 8 classes out of the day. He has had 2 with you so far. Chill out, and if he has any more classes with you, stay away from him." Alex said.

"How is that possible when all the teachers put him right next to me!" I said.

No one said anything. 

I went up and got my lunch. As I was getting my silverware and walking to my table, I saw Nathan.

He was staring at me. Cold-locked staring at me. 

What caught me the most were his eyes. They weren't the dark green that I saw earlier. His eyes were red! I did a double-take to make sure I wasn't imagining things, but when I looked again, Nathan was gone.

You're seeing things, Skye. I'm thinking.

I slowly walked over to my lunch table.

"What happened? You looked like you just seen a ghost over there." Siva asked.

"I-i'm fine." I stuttered and shakily ate my food.

"No you're not. Your hand is literally shaking." Alex pointed.

"I'm fine, okay?" I said.

They all exchanged nervous glances.

"I have to go to the restroom." I shot up out of my seat and ran out of the lunchroom.

-

I ran into the restroom and made sure no one was in there with me.

I went up to the mirror.

"You did not see red eyes. You did not see red eyes." I kept repeating aloud.

I felt cold beads of sweat go down my neck.

"Be calm, Skye." I said aloud.

I didn't know why I was feeling like this.

I couldn't believe that I was going crazy over something as little as some stupid red eyes! Why was I hyperventilating in a bathroom over absolutely nothing?

"Skye? Are you okay?" The door opened and Alex came in slowly.

"I'm fine, just a bit dizzy."  I put on a smile.

"You sure?"

"Yeah. Positive."

"Well come on then! Let's go back." She gestured. She began walking and I followed.

"You okay?" Jay asked once we got back.

"I'm fine."

"You had a bit of a scene."

"I said i'm fine Jay." I said quickly and gave him 'the look'. The, i'm-tired-of-talking-about-the-subject-matter-and-if-I-hear-one-more-word-about-it-i'm-gonna-snap-your-neck, look.

"Okay, okay." He had his hands up.

"Nathan Sykes is one shady guy." Siva muttered.

"What has he done?" Jay asked.