Chapter 24 - I Have Something To Tell You

Later that day...

Skye's POV

They let us out of eighth period. Everyone seemed to be charging for the door as soon as the bell rang. I can't blame them. The dance is in a mere 2 hours! Who wouldn't be excited, though?

I walked to my locker fast, dodging everything and everyone. It was an obstacle course, trying to dodge things.

I did eventually make it to my locker without anything stopping me. I hurried to grab my bag and run to Alex's locker.

She was throwing things in her backpack as if she didn't have a care in the world.

"Alex!" I called as I ran.

"It's tonight!" She exclaimed.

"It's tonight!" I repeated.

"What's tonight?" A male voice came up behind me and her.

I turned and it was Siva and Jay with their backpacks.

"The dance!" Alex and I said in unison.

"Are they excited?" Jay asked him.

"Clearly, they are." Siva nodded.

I rolled my eyes. Of course, Alex and I were excited! I was going to the dance with Nathan, my enemy turned crush, and Alex was going with Tom, her crush. 

"I'm gonna walk home. I'll see you guys later," I pointed to Jay and Seev, "And I'll see you in a couple of hours." I said to Alex. They all said bye to me, and I left.

-

I walked home quickly. It only took me a few minutes, considering how fast I walked.

I opened the door and sat my backpack down on the couch. I ran up the stairs and took out the dress and shoes.

Running a shower for myself, I stepped in and washed quickly.

When I stepped out, I dried my hair and curled it. It turned out pretty well curled.

I didn't put on a lot of makeup. I put on some eye liner and mascara, and little bit of lip gloss.

I would normally never get this dolled up for a dance. I'm not very girly. But, I feel as if I need to make an exception for just tonight.

"Skye?! You here?" I heard my mum yell up the stairs.

"In my room!" I yelled back.

I heard her footsteps coming up the stairs as she stepped in my room.

"Where's your dress?" She asked.

I pointed to the edge of my bed, where it and my shoes sat. She nodded her head in approval. "I like it." She said.

"Thanks." I said.

"So, you want me to drop you there, or do you prefer to walk?" She asked me as I checked myself in the mirror one last time.

"I was planning on walking with Alex. We were going to walk together, with her meeting me here so we can go. Is that alright?" I asked.

"That's fine." She nodded.

I nodded back and she disappeared from my room. I closed my door.

My bedside table lit up. I noticed it and looked over at it, seeing that my phone buzzed with a new message.

It was from Jay.

Jay - Getting ready, I would guess?

Me - Of course bird