Chapter 22 - Dress Shopping

Skye's POV

When I got in the house, I felt as if something just happened, but I couldn't recall anything that's happened in the last 10 minutes. That's weird. All I can remember is Nathan and I walking home. Then, nothing. 

Then here I am, at home, with no memory of what happened between that moment and now. I tried to rack my brain for anything, but I came up short.

It was probably nothing important anyway.

I received a text from Alex just then.

Alex - Ready?

Me - No..mum isn't home yet.

Alex - I'm coming anyway.

I shrugged as I sat my phone down and waited.

Just then, I heard the front door open. I ran down to greet my mum.

"Hey Skye." She said as she sat her things down on the couch.

"Hi mum, I was wondering if I could have a few hundred pounds?" I asked hopefully.

"A few hundred? You'd better have a good reason as to why your asking me for such a large amount." Her eyebrow raised as she said that.

"Me and Alex are going to shop for dresses for the dance."

"Oh! Well then, sure you can have some money." She nodded and took out her wallet. She handed me a small stack of hundreds and I counted them out. Altogether it was 600 pounds.

"Thanks mum." I said and she nodded. She went up to put her things away whilst I waited for Alex.

-

Soon, she arrived and we left. We decided to go to a few dress shops.

"So, how has it been going with Tom so far?" I asked eagerly.

"Great. We have a lot in common." She replied.

"Nice." I nodded.

"He's a good kisser, to." She added.

I felt my eyes widen at that. "You kissed?!"

"Just some cheek action, nothing special." She said.

"That's still good!" I nudged her.

"Have you and Nathan kissed yet?"

"No." I shook my head.

"Do you want to?"

"Duh."

She laughed. "What?" I asked.

"Young love. It's so cute."

"Oh please. You're in love to, so don't go teasing me." I pointed out.

"I know. We both are." She replied.

I didn't say anything as we made it to the dress shop. We walked in and began looking around.

I wasn't looking for a secific type of dress, just one that's my size and I like the design. I was looking in the size 4 section and so was Alex. 

Soon, a certain dress caught my eye. I pulled it out and took it to the mirror close by.

It was a strapless black and blue dress. It was black at the top while there was lace on the waist. The bottom was a pretty light blue.

I checked the price, and it was 300. Considering I had a lot more than that with me, I would still have money to spend by the time I bought that.

"Alex, look what I found." I held up the dress.