Chapter 3 - I'm Max, By The Way

Skye's POV

"Skye! Skye get up!" My mum woke me up this morning, yelling from her room.

I sat up in bed. "I'm up mum!" I called back. 

I shuffled out of bed and checked the time. 6:45. School would start in an hour and a half. That gives me enough time.

I got my clothes out and started my shower.

When I got out and got my clothes on, I went downstairs to fix myself a cuppa. I put two sugars in, just how I like it. As I was drinking, I thought about last night. Could that have been a stupid dream?

It had to be. Nathan Sykes, a stalker? Ha! Right.

He hates me for some unknown reason. Why would he be stalking me if he hates me so much? That's backwards.

It makes no sense!

Nathan's POV

This is such bullshit!

I cannot believe this.

I can't believe I still can't find my soulmate!

Yeah, yeah. Soulmate. I said it.

I know that 'soulmate' sounds like a load of lovey-dovey bullcrap, but there's a reason why I'm talking about it.

I'm a vampire.

Yeah. A vampire. I know, vampires aren't real, right? Well, we are! Surprise, surprise, I guess.

Back to the soulmate stuff. Every vampire has their one soulmate; the one that's made for them. That one person they are destined to be with. The one that they spend eternity with once they find them.

But, that's kind of besides the point.

I'm 119, and i've been looking for my soulmate. I know, 119 years sounds like a lot and it makes me sound old, but it's really not a lot. It feels like it hasn't even been that long, though I know it has.

Just then, my friend Max came in through the window. He's also a vampire who goes to school with me. It's Max, Me, and our other friend Tom.

"Hey Nath." Max said.

"You couldn't come through the front door?" I asked.

"Too much work. Easier to just climb in through here." He shrugged.

"Suit yourself." I said, looking out at Skye's quiet home.

"Found her yet?" He asked, referring to my soulmate. 

"No. But I have bigger issues at the moment." 

"Like?"

"This girl at school, her name is Skye. She's so annoying." I rolled my eyes at her name.

"Oh. You mean the girl you were staring at yesterday?" He smirked.

"Staring? Ha! Don't make me laugh. I was not staring." I said.

"Yes you were. And frankly, Skye was returning the favour." He said.

"Fine. Maybe I was staring a little." I admitted.

"Besides, you don't even know her all that well. Get to know her, and maybe you'll come to like her." Max said.

"Like you know her." I said sarcastically.

"I don't know her! I never said that I did. I'm just saying that you should get to know the girl before you go and judge her."

"Whatever. Let's just go school." I said. He nodded, and climbed out the window. I looked out the window at Skye as she was leaving her house to go to school.