Chapter 11 - Matchmakers

The next morning...

Skye's POV

Mum woke me up this morning. It felt like it was five in the morning, but as I checked the time, it was almost seven.

You wouldn't be able to tell though, it was still dark outside.

I slowly got out of bed and ran a shower for myself.

-

When I came out, I was wide awake. I put on my clothes and went downstairs.

As I went down the stairs, I could feel a draft. It was so cold downstairs that I was shivering.

I fixed myself a hot cuppa and drank it. My phone then buzzed in my pocket with a new text message.

I didn't recognize the name. The name was.. "My New BFF"

What the hell?

My New BFF - Good morning!! 

Me - Who exactly are you..?

My New BFF - Its Nathan!

It took me a second to process the fact that when Nathan put his name in my phone..he didn't put his name! That made me laugh out loud to myself.

I changed his name back.

Me - Really Nathan?

Nathan - I wanted to be funny

Me - You are so corny :P

Nathan - Trust me I know that

Me - What did you need

Nathan - To say good morning! And ask you if you wanted to walk to school together?

Me - Sure

Nathan - Let me know when you're ready.

Me - I'm..um..ready now

Nathan - Oh. Ok i'll be there in a second then

I sat my phone in my pocket and went to go grab my bookbag.

Just as I was grabbing it and making my way back downstairs, I heard the doorbell go off. I opened it and saw Nathan.

"Mum! I'm going to school!" I yelled up the stairs as I grabbed a jacket.

I heard her yell an okay as I closed the door behind me.

We began walking.

-

It didn't really strike me that it was cold outside until I felt the cold air smack me in my face.

I tried to warm my arms up but nothing was working. It didn't help that the jacket I was wearing was thinner than thin so my arms might as well have been fully exposed.

"Cold?" Nathan asked me. I guess he noticed me shivering.

"Yeah, but i'll be fine." I said as I removed my arms from in front of me.

"No, you're really cold. Freezing actually. Your cheeks are flushed red." He pointed and took off his jacket. He put it around my shoulders and I instantly became warm.

"Won't you get cold?" I pointed to his bare arms.

"The cold doesn't affect me." He shrugged.

I wanted to say something, because it truly felt like it was below zero, but I just left it alone and kept his jacket. He said he was okay, and clearly he's not affected.