Chapter 33 - Something Isn't Right

Nathan's POV

As I sat in class, I was thinking.

I honestly can't believe that Skye said that.

Do I really act that way?

I don't try to. It's all because of the demons that I'm in this mess.

Careful Nathan, you shouldn't underestimate us. We could make you do things you'd regret.

I heard the voices of the demons in my head once again. I wanted to ignore it, but it was seeming like I couldn't be able to.

For once in life, I actually wanted to focus on my schoolwork.

We could make you hurt the ones you love most. I heard the voices again.

I could barely focus on anything. I looked up and everyone was absent-mindedly doing their work, while I was over here on the brink of exploding.

I'd fucking love to see you try. I thought.

We thought you'd never ask. I heard the voices, and almost instantly, my vision went black.

Skye's POV 

I was sat in class, trying to concentrate. I didn't have any of my friends in this class, so I didn't really talk to anyone.

I was a bit upset with myself for saying what I said about Nathan. I guess that wasn't totally called for.

I could feel that something was wrong though. I just had a feeling. It came so suddenly. 

I thought of it as nothing and continued with my work.

-

When the bell rang for the end of the day, Alex and Jay weren't at my locker, so I decided to walk home by myself.

I grabbed my book bag and made my way out.

As I walked home, I kept hearing things. I was thinking I was hearing whispers.

Relax, it's just the wind. I thought to myself.

But after a while, the whispers wouldn't stop, even after the wind stopped.

I stopped in my tracks. I looked around for anyone or anything. I turned around and Nathan was right there!

I jumped back so far! "Nathan! You can't scare me like that." I said, panting.

He didn't respond, he just stood there for a moment with a blank expression on his face.

Something wasn't right here. "Nathan?" I said again.

His facial expression went from blank to a twisted smile in seconds.

I backed up a few feet; Something was definitely wrong.

"Nathan...you're scaring me." I said.

"I know I am." He said. I looked at him, he looked pretty normal. Nothing was off. Although his eyes had a yellowish tint in them.

"Why are your eyes unusually yellow?" I asked.

He didn't answer my question. He just let out a cold laugh before grabbing me by the throat.

His grip got tighter with every passing second!

"Nathan. W-why are you doing this." I choked out, trying to grab his hand from my neck.

"I've always wanted to do this." He muttered, throwing me to the ground.

I landed on the concrete with a thud. It seemed like he towered over me now.