Chapter 32 - Control

Skye's POV

I wanted to fall back in my covers and not get up for the rest of eternity when I woke up this morning.

I remembered that I had to face Siva today. And make sure that Nathan didn't clown him around throughout the school day. He can be sneaky, don't get me wrong.

I trudged out of bed and ran a quick shower.

When I got my clothes on, I grabbed my bookbag and slowly made my way down the stairs.

I'd decided to walk to school alone; it gave me time to be calm before the storm. Because one was definitely coming.

I sighed as the school came into view. It was time to face the music.

-

As I walked in and went straight to my locker. I didn't face anybody as I walked. I saw Max walk by with Tom and Max waved. I could only manage a small smile before they disappeared around the corner. Out of the corner of my eye, I noticed the familiar bunch of brown curly hair coming towards me. I smiled to myself; I knew it was Jay.

"Hey bird," I said as I grabbed the books I needed.

"Hey," He said, leaning against the locker next to mine. 

"Has Siva told you yet?" I asked, staring into my locker. I couldn't look anybody in the eye for some reason. 

"Told me what?" He said. The happy-go-lucky look he always wore disappeared.

"Him and Nathan fought at my house."

"They what?" He said, looking more confused now.

"They fought. I'll tell you more at lunch, okay? It's a long story." I said as I finally closed my locker and we made our way to Mrs. Hoofer's classroom.

I realized that I haven't seen neither Siva nor Nathan yet. Nathan normally comes and kisses me good morning. Siva normally talks with me before going to class. But I haven't seen either one of them yet.

"Alright." He shrugged. We took our seats in the usual near-back of the room.

I looked over and Nathan's seat was empty. Although all of his stuff was there on his desk.

As the bell rang for the start of class, he never came through the door.

I realized that something was wrong.

I got up and grabbed the restroom pass so I could excuse myself out of class to find Nathan. Once I stepped out of the classroom, I put the restroom pass in my back pocket and roamed the halls.

Technically, I was skipping class. But I needed to find Nathan.

I first checked the guys' restroom. No one was in there, and no, I didn't care that I was a girl who just walked straight into the guys' restroom.

"Nathan?" I called. My own echo sounded back to me as I got no reply.

I walked out of the restroom and ruled that out. 

Where would he be? I know he couldn't have gone far.

I decided to use the mind link. 

Where are you? Class started already!

I know that. I heard the bell.

Oh so you are still on campus.

I'm actually not.

Then where are you? And how did you hear the bell?

You don't need to worry about where I am. I heard the bell because of vampire hearing, remember?