Chapter 26 - Panic Attack

Skye's POV

I woke up this morning, and my first feeling was confusion. What happened?

That's when it hit me. I remembered last night. Nathan. Vampire. I told him to bite me.

And that was the last thing I remember. I sat up and looked over and Alex was passed out, laying next to me.

I realized that we were both still in our dresses. Did we come in and fall straight to sleep? We couldn't have. I thought. We wouldn't have just came in from the dance and fell asleep.

I looked around my room. I was so confused about what happened.

"Skye?" I heard my mum's voice and I looked up.

"Mum," I said.

"I never heard you and Alex come in last night." She said, arms crossed.

"Um, we must've just came in really quiet." I lied.

"You didn't change?" She pointed to us.

"We were really tired." I said.

"Oh, well okay. How was the dance?"

I tensed up when she mentioned the dance. I hope she didn't notice. "It was - it was really good. We had a great time."

"That's good. Well, i'm off to work. They called me in to do an all day, all night shift. I'll see you later tonight." She said, rolling her eyes at the mention of her job.

I chuckled nervously. "Alright. See you later." I said and she disappeared from my door.

As soon as I heard her open and close the door to leave, I sighed.

I remembered Nathan last night, biting me. My hand went to my neck to check and I felt two little holes right where my vein is supposed to be.

I shot up from the bed and ran to the bathroom mirror.

What I saw made me gasp. It was two bite marks! I cupped a hand over my mouth. I got bitten by Nathan last night! I didn't want to believe it, but there it was! Living prooof.

Alex. I turned and ran to the bed. I looked at Alex's side of her neck to see if she got bitten. I lightly turned her head to show the other side of her neck and I nearly screamed. She had two bite marks on her neck as well!

Tom bit Alex and Nathan bit me. Oh my god.

"Alex. Alex wake up." I shook her frantically.

"What?" She spoke, eyes still closed.

"Wake up!" I shook her.

Her eyes opened. "Skye? What are you doing at my house?" She clearly hadn't opened her eyes all the way.

"You're at mines." I said.

That's when she really woke up. She sat up and yawned.

"Why are we still in our dresses?" She pointed to my dress and hers.

Ignoring her question, I asked, "Do you remember what happened last night?"

Seeming to remember, her eyes widened. "Tom told me something."

"Nathan told me something." I said.

"Did he tell you that -" She started.

" - He is a vampire?" I finished.

"Yeah." She nodded.

"Yeah. He did." I said.

Her hands shot up to her neck. She felt her neck for the bite. When she felt it, her eyes widened again.