Chapter 27 - Blood For The First Time

Nathan's POV

If I had to explain what happened to Skye just now, I couldn't.

She just, ran away. No warning, no explanation, she just ran. 

"Nath, what was that?" Tom came outside and asked.

"I-I don't know. She just ran."

"What happened to Skye?" Alex sounded worried.

"I don't know. She just ran off."

"What's her emotions?" Tom asked.

"I can't read her." I said, trying to tap into her emotions.

"I wonder if I can talk to her through telepathy." Alex muttered.

"Good idea." Tom chimed. "Try it."

Alex's POV

I didn't know what I was doing, to be honest. I think I could somehow tap into my brain and talk to Skye through telepathy, but it seems hard. 

Worth a shot, I guess. I need to know what's wrong with my best friend.

Skye, can you hear me? I thought.

No answer. I got a bit worried.

Maybe i'm just not doing it right. I thought to myself.

I tried again. Skye?

Still no answer.

"She won't answer." I said aloud.

"Do you have any idea why she ran off?" Tom asked.

Skye had always had a panic disorder. She hasn't really told anyone but me, Siva, and Jay. Then of course, her mum. When something scary or crazy happens to her, she would seem fine at first, then would completely freak out the next minute.

She would started breathing heavy, she would leave the room, her stomach would start to hurt, and she'd get dizzy. She's only ever ran off when something really bad happens.

But it would take her only a few minutes to calm herself down. 

"Skye has a panic disorder. She gets like this when something scary or traumatizing happens to her. I guess this was enough to trigger it." I said.

"A panic disorder?" Nathan said.

"Yeah," I nodded. "I don't think it was you. Just the situation in itself."

"I really hope it wasn't me." Nathan said.

"Maybe, we should just wait. She'll turn up at one point, I'm sure of it." Tom tried to be sympathetic.

But it was clear that we were all pretty worried. We didn't know where Skye was in the woods, but we could all feel that something wasn't right.

Skye's POV

I woke up to a bright light shining in my face. The sun. Ugh.

I turned my head slightly and saw my arm bleeding with cuts and bruises from the fall. I didn't feel the burning sensation until after my arm regained feeling.

I ripped my arm away from where the sun was shining.

Big fucking mistake.

I felt a surging pain rise from the tips of my fingers all the way up my arm. "Dammit!" I yelled.

I felt pain all over my body. Good God, what did I hit on the way down? Nothing but a pile of rocks and sharp objects?