Chapter 31 - Arguments

Skye's POV

The knock on the front door was what woke me up.

I opened my eyes and I looked under the cover. Nathan and I were completely naked! He, was actually passed out to my right in a slumber.

The knock on the door wouldn't subside. It actually got louder. 

I made myself look decent and put some clothes on so I could go downstairs. I threw on a random shirt and some leggings. It was all I could find on short notice.

When I did open the door, I nearly fainted when I saw who it was.

-

"Siva." I said with a straight face once I composed myself on the inside.

"Skye, please let me come in." He said. He actually looked like he'd been crying. His eyes were bloodshot and glassy.

"Have you been crying?" I asked.

"No," He sniffled. I could tell that he was lying. It was evident on his face.

"Well, come in, I guess." I shrugged. I stepped aside to let him in. What was I doing?

I sat down on the couch and he sat beside me.

For a moment, silence engulfed us. I kept thinking about how Nathan could come down at any moment and see Siva and probably go ballistic. I only prayed that he wouldn't come down and would just stay asleep.

I realized that it was dark outside. It was almost eight. How long had we been sleeping?

"Why are you here?" I said, breaking the silence and taking myself out of my thoughts.

"We need to talk about some things." Siva said;

"What's there to talk about anymore?" I sighed.

"I need to apologize."

"For the umpteenth time for something you aren't even really sorry about? I'd save my breath Seev." I scoffed.

"Just listen," He pleaded.

I stared at him, waiting for his explanation. I looked up the stairs, wondering if Nathan was awake yet. 

"What's wrong?" He asked, looking up there along with me.

"Nothing," I muttered, "Just...hurry."

For a second, he looked like he wanted to question me, but kept his mouth shut about it anyway.

"I'm sorry for not caring about your feelings. I should have taken yours into consideration and I didn't in the least bit."

"Why didn't you?"

"I don't even really know," He chuckled lightly, "Jealousy maybe."

"Jealousy." I repeated it. 

"I lost sight of what mattered."

For a moment, I just looked at him. He looked like he was actually sorry for once. 

"But, I'm not sorry for what I said about Nathan." 

I did a double-take. For a second, I was actually shocked. He said bluntly that he wasn't sorry about what he said about Nathan.

"You're not sorry?"

He shook his head. "I meant everything that I said about him, to." 

My expression hardened. "Really."

"Yeah," He nodded.

"You know," I chuckled, "You could have just lied and said that you didn't."