Chapter 12 - Surprise

Hours later...

Skye's POV

When the day ended, I went straight to my locker. I'm gonna ride the bus with Jay, Siva and Alex.

I grabbed my bookbag and my jacket. When we go to the bus, we all wait by Jay's locker until everyone gets there. Then we leave and go home with each other.

I walked to my locker and saw Jay and Siva. Alex wasn't there yet, so we had to wait a second before she got there.

"I thought you wanted to go home with Nathan." Siva said to me when I got there.

"I wanted to go home with you guys." I said. That was a little rude of him to say. Just because I walked home with him on Friday doesn't mean that I was today. 

"A little harsh there, Seev." Jay spoke up as he was putting his backpack around him.

"I was just guessing." He shrugged. Jay and I gave each other a confused glance. How was that just a guess?

Pretty soon, Alex appeared from around the corner.

"Hey. Let's go." She said and we started walking.

We walked out to our bus and boarded it. 

Siva sat by me and Jay sat by Alex. I'm a little surprised, him and I have gotten distant lately.

I didn't say anything to him, but over the course of the last couple of days, Siva hasn't really been happy with me being near Nathan. I know i'm not the only one who notices this, either. I can't be.

I looked out the window and away from Siva.

"What's wrong?" Siva tapped me.

"I just don't get what your problem is with Nathan." I looked at him.

"I don't want to fight about this right now."

"And just what would we be fighting about?"

"I don't know! I just think that he isn't right. Something is off about him."

"Nothing is wrong with Nathan, Siva. You were always like a dad." I muttered.

"I'm sorry Skye." He gave an apologetic look.

"I mean, it's fine, i'm not mad at you but I just think that you shouldn't be so protective of me. I'm a big girl," I explained.

"I know. I'll stop being such a dick." He said. I nodded. At the end of the day, Siva is like my annoying older brother, as well as Jay. I won't lie, i've been like the annoying sister with all of the girls he's been with. But has it ever gotten like this? No. 

Alex and I are the crazy sisters, and Jay and Siva are the way-too-overprotective brothers. But we love each other.

As the bus was stopping to let Alex off, - she gets off first, - Siva and Jay started to talk about something. I was left alone to go on about my own business. I started listening to my music, just drowning the world out. Before I knew it, I dozed off in my seat.

-

I was woken up by my name being called and someone shaking me. "Skye." 

I was slowly coming out of my sleep when the voice became clearer. It was Siva. I partially opened my eyes and I noticed I was sleeping on his shoulder.

"Skye?" He poked me again. 

It wasn't my stop yet, because Siva was still on. He gets off before me. Alex is the first one off, then Jay, then Siva, then me.