Chapter 21 - Two Nathans?

Skye's POV

When I made it into the school, I went straight to my locker. I set my things in my locker and grabbed all my books. I made my way to first  period and sat down next to Jay.

"Do you have a date to the dance yet?" He asked me when I sat down.

"Yeah." I nodded.

"Who?"

"Nathan," I said just as he was coming in.

He nodded. "Who asked who?"

"What do you mean?"

"Did Nathan ask you or did you ask him?"

"He asked me yesterday." I replied.

"Alex got asked by Tom, right?" He asked. I nodded.

"I've got no one!" He pouted.

"Ask a girl." I gestured around the girls who were in our homeroom.

"What if I don't want to ask one of those girls?" He retorted. That made no sense.

I wanted to say something back but the bell was about to ring so I just left the subject alone after that. 

Nathan came into class at the very last bell panting like he'd just run a hundred laps in gym. "Are you okay?" I chuckled as he sat down.

"I'm great, thanks for asking." He breathed sarcastically.

"Well no need to get snappy!" I laughed.

"Sorry," he breathed, "Just out of breath."

I patted his back as he was regaining breath. When he got his breath back, he talked to me about the dance.

"When are you going to go look for your clothing for the dance?" He asked.

"Today." I replied.

"Well in that case, can I come?" He smirked.

I hit him on the arm. "No you can't come. It's supposed to be a surprise what I wear, remember?"

"I can't get a sneak peak?" He pouted like a little puppy. As much as that face melted my insides, I had to refuse.

"No peaks until the dance." I poked his cheek playfully.

"Oh come on. Just the smallest of peaks." He pouted even more, his lip poking out and all. I wanted to say yes, but at the same time, I didn't. He'll see on Friday, when we go to the dance. If he sees the dress now, it won't be a surprise.

"No Nathan. Sorry." I replied to him.

"Fine." He rolled his eyes and pretended to be mad and pout. But as I kept looking at him like he was being irrational, he gave in and laughed. I knew he was faking it anyway.

"When are you shopping for your tuxedo?" I asked him.

It took him a second to respond. "Tom and I were going to go today also." 

I nodded, turning to do my work as I thought about the dress I may buy tonight.

-

Later that day...

Skye's POV

I walked to lunch by myself. I suspected Alex walked with Tom and everyone else was just nowhere to be found. I was okay with that though.

"Hey Skye." Alex said to me as I found everyone at our table.

"Hi." I grinned as I sat down.

"Alex told us about her and Tom." Siva spoke.