Chapter 28 - Selfish

Nathan's POV

I felt bad for locking Skye up like that. I didn't want to do it at all. I know, I know, it was probably not the nicest thing to do, but what was I supposed to do! Just let her kill everyone within a city mile?

No. I had to lock her up so I could insure that she wouldn't go insane and break out. I only sent Tom and Alex there to make sure she didn't do anything and to keep her company. Do I seem like a dick? I'm not trying to be. I probably seem like one to Skye, and based on the reaction that was given to me, Alex to.

I specifically instructed Tom and Alex to not let her out for anything. Unless she really had to get out to use the bathroom or something like that. Other than that, I told him and her to not let Skye out. Alex seemed reluctant to do it, but I had to explain to her that it had to be done. She rolled her eyes, left the room and Tom followed her upstairs to my room to look after Skye.

I left because I wanted to grab a few humans for myself. I didn't plan to be gone for too long, as I want to let Skye out in the event that she's calmed. Or at least, somewhat calmed.

I made my way down the trail where there weren't as many humans as there were before. I don't let that stop me as I swiftly take a girl from the trail into the nearby woods.

She was frightened. "Who are you?" She asked.

I didn't respond as I brought my face down to her neck. She was sputtering and crying. "Shut up!" I hissed at her and she was quiet in seconds.

I wasted no time as I searched her neck for a vein and bit down. She gasped in pain. She twitched in my arms and eventually went limp as I quickly sucked the last of her blood. 

Dropping her body, I ran off to grab a few more humans.

-

When I was ready, I started the relatively short walk back home. Hopefully Skye won't be too mad at me.

Or she'll be really, really mad. My money is on option two. I don't want her to be mad, but i'm pretty sure she will be, regardless. 

I made it to the flat quickly and opened the door. 

"Nathan?!" I heard Alex's voice as I closed the door behind me.

I sprinted up the stairs to her. "Yeah?"

"It's Skye." She pointed at her.

I looked over and Skye was passed out, her skin a sickly white. Why was this happening? I hadn't left her for that long, had I? I would hope not.

"How long has she been like this?" I asked.

"Well, her and me were talking. I noticed that she looked really pale and white, and she noticed to. She said she felt really warm but she felt fine. Next thing I know, she's slouched over and unresponsive." She explained.

"How long have I been gone?" I asked.

"Half an hour at most." She shrugged.

"This is my fault." I muttered.

"No it's not." She said.

"It is. I left her here alone, and she was probably starving her ass off. I knew I shouldn't have done it." I shook my head.

"Nathan, don't blame yourself. You didn't know that she would pass out like this. This isn't your fault." Alex patted my back.

I hurried over to Skye. She was sat upright, but she wasn't conscious or moving. She looked so pale and fragile.