Chapter 10 - The Incident

Nathan's POV

I woke up and my stomach growled. I checked the time and it was 9:00. I guess I was more exhausted than I thought.

I got up and put my shoes back on. I decided to go get some food.

I sped out of the flat and onto my usual trail.

I was walking and I saw a girl on her cell phone talking loudly. She looked to be in distress.

Time to put her out of her misery. I thought as I hid in the bushes and waited.

She soon got off the phone and she continued walking on the path.

I waited for a few seconds and then ran out and took her behind a tree. 

"Wh-what the hell? Who are you?!" She asked frantically when she saw me.

"Shh darling, don't be so loud." I looked her in the eyes and compelled her.

She got quiet in an instant. I brought my mouth to her neck and my fangs shot out. "You smell delicious." I whispered to her. I felt my eyes change colour and my fangs pierced her skin.

She tried to scream out for help but I muffled her screaming.

Once all of her blood was gone, she went completely limp in my arms. 

I pulled my fangs out of her and disposed of her body. I walked home in dead silence.

I don't like what I am, to be really honest. I never have and probably never will. I never wanted to be a vampire from the beginning. It ruined my life and I hate what i've become because of it. When i'm in my vampire state, a whole other Nathan comes out. And it's anything but good. 

Being a vampire has changed me for the worse. I'm not anything I used to be anymore.

And what is the most weird is that the vampire who turned me all those years ago, is my former best friend, Caitlyn.

Her and I were the best of friends until one day...she went out of control.

-

Caitlyn and I were the best of friends. I had always known that she'd had a temper though, but, everyone had known. She was a great person with a great personality and she had many friends but it was always her temper that often made people...distant.

Her and I were close. 

Correction, closer than close. We'd basically grown up together and did everything with each other. We were like brother and sister.

One day, when we were hanging out, she got really upset about something. I was trying to calm her down but it was no use. I did everything in my power to at least try to get her to stop bouncing off the walls at least, but nothing was working. She couldn't get calm.

She blew up at me and the next thing I knew, her eye colour was changed completely and fangs were hanging from her gums.

I backed away instantly. "You-you're a-" I tried to get out the word "vampire" but I couldn't. I was too shocked.

Rumours had always been circulating that vampires were among us, but I, being logical, had always thought it was pointless nonsense.

But I was dead wrong. I looked in her eyes and I could tell that by looking in her eyes, the real Caitlyn that I knew, the Caitlyn that I knew all this time, was long gone. 

I tried to run away and scream for help but she charged at me with inhuman speed. She tackled me to the ground. We fought and rolled around for a short time before she got on top of me and pinned my arms down. I felt a sharp pain in my neck and I could hear myself scream. Then all went black.