chapter 1

Authors note: this story is set in the modern world.

Reader (mark) pov

"did nami send in her vocals?" i asked my assistant. the pink haired boy nodded. "she just sent them in this morning. she wants to know when you will come over to rehearse the song. her manager wants to release the audio in a week," said coby. i sighed. she knew that i like to wait at least a month before i release a new song. but...i cant be all that mad. i did kinda call her and request that she do this song with me. she has been on the scene for the past ten years while im just a rising star who came out three years ago. "just...i don't fucking know. this is short notice. work something out," i walked into the dance studio. im glad i hired coby a year ago. he is such a hard worker. im definitely giving him a raise. i took off my tee and put on a tank top. i closed the door and let out a deep breath. i had to come up with a good moveset for the video we will be working on after the audio is released. i sighed. that is the thing about being multitalented. i can write, sing, and do the fucking choreographing for my own shit. its a lot of work. ok. i gotta stop worrying about this. i did choose this. every since i was discovered by shanks and signed to his label, its been a fast life to say the least. ive only just released my first album and after two world tours, im just now getting to settle down for a while. of course, that will only be until the next tour in six months. im glad. i mean, this is the dream life after all. i was one of those instant famous guys so i never knew a lull in stardom. i shook my head. i gotta focus. gotta get in the zone. i walked over to the stereo and put on the new song. ok. i did some quick stretching. ok. gotta clear my head. think nothing but the music. ok. i started moving.

"Mark!!!" i looked over at the door to the studio. it was my assistant. he tossed me a towel. "i was able to squeeze in two hours of rehearsal for later on this afternoon at 4 pm," i glanced at the clock, 2:25 pm. i looked at the mirror. my tank top was soaked. you could see right through it. i didn't care though. im sexy. well defined muscles. yeah. im a fucking big deal. i toweled off as much as i could. "im gonna stop by home and get cleaned up before heading to the music studio," i put the towel on my shoulder and shut off the stereo. "umm...about that. it appears she wants you to come to her mansion. she has a private studio there," i sighed. i didn't like this. i mean...she is cute. beautiful actually. would love to date her but that isn't the point here. this is my job. my lively hood. "ok....but im not drinking or partying. this is work," coby nodded and headed out. i gathered my things and grabbed my keys. i headed out.

i got to my car in the parking lot. i giggled. yeah. i make good money. Really good money. l think i brought home....4 million last year? i just bought a new Mercedes. black and mint green. my favorite colors. i hopped in the driver side and pulled off.

i got back to the parking lot of my apartment building. i didn't buy a house because i move around a lot. i just settled for renting a two bedroom condo on the 50th floor. i hopped out and headed inside.

i walked into my condo and went straight to the shower. i stepped out in my towel and stopped by my mirror. i brushed my teeth. made sure my hair was good and dry. some last minute shaving. i was looking good. feeling good. fresh and clean. i headed to my room and put on some briefs and some black jeans. i put on a nice white tee and some high top tennis shoes. i put on a matching snap back hat. its a nice sunny day so i don't have to worry about my white clothes getting dirty. i did some adjustments on my belt so that my pants rode comfortably on my hips and grabbed my friendship ring. its a nice silver ring with my birthstone that my best friend gave me before she died. it goes on the finger opposite my ring finger. i put on a diamond encrusted watch and a silver chain. ok. my studs were already in. im good. a last look in the mirror. i turned my hat's bill backwards. ok. i headed out.

i pulled into the driveway about ten minutes before 4 pm. i didn't like to be late if could help it but if i came too early then it would be super awkward. i got out the car and walked up to her front door. i knocked. i waited. wow. she has a nice house. i had never been to it before. it was huge. probably has like 20 or 30 rooms. how much money does she have? the door opened, revealing the beautiful orangette in a white blouse with black jeans and silver toeless red bottom heels. she looked me up and down. "OMG WE ARE TWINNING!!" she grabbed my arm and pulled me inside. i sighed as she pulled me through her sitting room. all new furniture and a massive 80 in tv in it. this is like my fucking living room. i was pulled through a hall decorated with countless pictures of her from her movie roles. did i mention she was also a well established actress? Emmy award winner. its fucking ridiculous. i was pulled into a full scale recording studio. some guy was sitting at a giant light board with dials and such for producing. "helmeppo, dear. get the track ready. we will go right in and get started....oh wait," she turned me to face him with her standing at my side, arm in arm," don't we look like Hollywood's next big power couple?!?! we are like the next Beyoncé and jay-z!! except mark is WAY better looking," she giggled and pulled me inside the sound proof room. i stood in front of the microphone. she handed me a set of headphones and i put them on over my hat. she put hers on. "just gimme a minute. i haven't done vocal exercises yet," she said. she started making funny noises. she looked at me. "aren't you gonna warm up?" i shook my head. "i already did before i got here. im good to go," she nodded. the music started playing.