chapter 31

the next morning...

zoro pov

shit! fucking shit! like it wasn't enough that i was questioning our relationship. i just went on and cheated on him. yeah. and with sanji to make it so bad. sanji had snuggled up to me with this shit eating grin on his face. just happy as ever. like this wasn't infidelity. like i didn't just cheat on my boyfriend. scratch that: my FIANCE. the man i planned to marry in a few months. how can he be sleeping so fucking peacefully? like what he did was right. taking advantage of me like that. he started groaning. he is waking up. he stretched. "...(smacks lips)...morning babe," he whispered. he rubbed my hand on his stomach. i could feel his grinning. he rolled over in my embrace to look at me. just stared a me in the eye. he rubbed my scarred eye. ran a finger down the scab on my chest. he started to tear up. "shit....how could i let mark do this to you?" he whispered. a kiss. he pulled away. "no more....never again will you be with mark, you hear me?" he whispered. he grinned. "we should take a bath together," he whispered. i shook my head. "ankle casts cant get wet," what the hell am i saying? he sighed. "yeah...i know. i guess we will have to make due with a sexy sponge bath," he sat up in my embrace. he got to the edge of the bed. mark's fucking bed. not only did i cheat on him, i did it in HIS bed. like that doesn't make it 100 times worst. its like some fucking reality show! if mark would have walked in i would have killed myself. literally. shit. i might still do it. yeah. sanji removed the covers and helped me out of bed. he hoisted me on his back like mark did. grabbed some shower stuff and carried me to the bathroom. his bathroom. not the one me and mark shared. sat me on the toilet with the seat down. locked his bathroom door. he got to his knees and started washing me. "i...i have therapy in a few hours," i whispered. he grinned. "of course ill go, babe. you didn't have to ask," he whispered in return. the fuck? why am i so fucking into this? like im not getting married in a few months. i looked at my hand. it was...gone? where is my ring? i double checked the other hand. nope. not there either. he grabbed my hand and intertwined the fingers. i looked at him. he smiled warmly. "its a fresh start for us. together," he kissed me. shit. my heart melted a little. he rinsed me off and took a quick shower himself. i couldn't help but stare. his lithe but muscular frame. tiny cute butt. he grinned. the bent over to wash his ankles. made sure he faced away from me. yeah. i can see it. bright as day. pretty and pink. he coughed. i saw it pucker. he stood up straight. i think i whimpered. he chuckled. "later on, after your therapy, zoro," he toweled off. toweled me off. he helped me on to his back and gathered his things. carried me to mark's room and grabbed me some clothes. took me to his room and laid me on his bed. butterfly kisses on my chest as he pulled up my undies. put on my shorts. he straddled me to put on my shirt. he kissed me warmly as he pulled it down. he grinned. he got up and got dressed. he put me on his back and started out the door. why the fuck am i not stopping him? why am i letting him come to this appointment with me? he put me in his car and took off.

"come on zoro! just a few more steps!!" it hurt. soooo much to stand on my own two feet. to put weight on them after being off of them for weeks. i took a step. shit. i could feel them coming. sanji stood at the end of the railings with open arms. he kept waving for me to come. "just like three more steps!! you can do it!!! come to me babe!!" i took another step. yeah. they were clouding my one good eye. another step. shit. i was starting to fall. i felt an arm on my stomach. "its ok, zoro. i got you," he whispered tenderly in my ear. he rubbed my head lovingly. i grabbed onto the rails and pushed myself up. ok. he returned to the other end. he started waving again. ok. i took a deep breath. ok. another step. it hurt but i can do it. yeah. i can do it for him. another step. "you can do it zoro!!! just one more step!!!" the last step. he hugged me tightly. i leaned on him heavily. he was laughing so hard. he hugged me tighter. "i knew you could do it, zoro," he whispered. i choked. they started coming out faster. i hugged him back. "...i...i did it for you," what the hell is wrong with me? i didn't want to do this for him. he rubbed my head. "i know. now come on. lets get you off those feet for the day," he helped me up on his back. he walked over to the doctor. "that was some amazing progress, Mr Roronoa!! keep that up and you can shave off two days of therapy!! and even less time on crutches!!" she chimed. sanji and her talked for a minute. she handed him a paper. we headed out back to the car. he put me in and got in himself. he looked at the paper. "good news babe!! says here you have around 6 more days of therapy and four days on crutches before you should be able to walk on your own!!" he rubbed my cheek tenderly. he pulled off.