Marionette (Pt 1)

6 months after 'New Life?'...

paulie pov

"where the hell are you going?" i grunted, walking right out the door after him. "im gonna go see him," he grunted, pushing past all the guards trying to stop him. "well id love to see both of em again but you are under oath. viola will kill you!" i kept trying to tell him but he just wouldn't let me. he kept making his way down the hall. "she is off somewhere at a meeting. she wont even know. you wanna see zoro again so you should be helping me instead of trying to stop me," he grunted as he finally got to the elevator. "well im not dumb, morgan. you are gonna go all the way over to his house and he will violently reject you. you are gonna try and rationalize why he would say no right now and try again later. we are susposed to be together!" i swear he is impossible. i went from having sex regularly with zoro just six months ago to nothing period. its those five years before him all over again. "im not gonna act like i like you, paulie and i dont want you to act like you like me neither. we arent meant to be together. you and zoro were meant to be together just like me and mark. we just need to remind them of that," he hit the bottom floor. "you are right, morgan. im not attracted to you in any way but i want to get to that point. zoro was....was never mines in the first place. that was made painfully obvious when the day mark came home. yeah, im a little hurt that they thought this was a way to get me out of the picture but i do understand it. they have two beautiful little boys that they are raising together, they are still in love like they were before us. shit. even more so cause they were told that they didnt have to worry about the underworld any more. please dont do this. i know that they will be the opposite of happy if they were to see you again," i pleaded. i love zoro and i want what makes him happy. he is happy with mark. im bummed that it wasn't me but ill support him the best i can. "i dont think so cause i know that mark loves me. he has been away from me for half a year now so i know he is missing me just as much as i miss him," he argued as we headed down. "morgan, you are ruining what you have right now. you are cleared of your debt with more money than you could spend in life. why do you insist on throwing that all away?" i asked. "because!! i get that....alone in a crowd feel without mark. going from spending 24/7 with him for two years straight to never getting to see him again hurts, paulie. i had bought the house because i wanted us to live in it. that was the purpose of all of this. get a house and pay it off so that i wouldn't have to work so much and can actually try to get into a relationship. i realized that all the money in the world wouldn't make me happier than being with mark. even if its once more before someone kills me, i just want to see his face. the one man, the one person really, who showed me love and compassion like no other. the guy was fucking turned on by my personality, paulie. someone who....who loved it when i was just being myself. not to mention the only person ive been with in years so no, im not gonna stop. im not just gonna move on. hell i cant just move on. if i dont go get him, ill end up turning back into my old workaholic self. i cant go back to being a hallow shell of a man when ive seen and felt what it was like to feel whole again and for a long ass time too. id rather die trying to grab the possibility than the live a miserable existence knowing that i could have tried," there were tears just pouring down his face. it was pretty touching. the elevator dinged on the floor.

i sighed. "i...i still dont approve of this but....ill help you. ill help you see him one more time but no more than that. im not gonna help you talk to him or break into his house or none of that," he pulled me into a tight hug. "thanks paulie. it really means alot," he whispered. "tsk...im just gonna help ya cause i wanna see zoro again," i muttered. im sure seeing him again wouldn't hurt. he chuckled. "i know," he said before pulling away. "is everything ready?" i asked. "of course. who knows when viola will get back. limo, plane, and a car are all set up. we just need to go," he said. i nodded and followed him right out the door.