chapter 9

zoro pov

i gotta say, after seeing him live, im much more convinced that this is a good move for all of us. he has talent. so much talent that he was able to give a impromptu concert like he had planned it weeks ago. it was amazing. the way the girls were fawning over him. i think i saw some of them faint. they didn't give a fuck about aokiji. all they cared about was mark. i sighed. he looked so fucking gorgeous up there. i guess i didn't really notice how good he looked on stage since i was up there dancing last time but to see him up there with only aokiji. he is like a sponge for the spotlight. i was watching tv this morning when i got a call.

****rrrriiiinnnngggg****

yeah...

yeah. its luffy.  sanji just left with mark this morning. sounds like we are really gonna go through with this

 you don't seem all that excited about it

 i mean...yeah im excited about the fame and stuff but what will that mean for our stuff back home? he said that for us to work for him, we would have to live here in the city with him. what about law and school? we would have to move out of our apartment to come here and that costs money. we don't have money to move

....i didn't think about that. im sure it'll be fine. mark probably thought about that. if not then im sure sanji will bring it up

and what about you and ace? you gotta move out of your apartment, quit your jobs, and hope that your truck will be able to bring your stuff here. its not gonna be easy to find a new place to stay for everyone alone. we will probably have to all move into like a big house or something

yeah. i probably gotta get a new job or two to keep us above water but i think that its for the best. we will actually be moving forward as dancers. we will have the full support of an up and coming artist. we probably wont have time to work other jobs since we will have to spend all our time dancing

you say that like its a good thing

{YOU HAVE 20 MINUTES LEFT}

what was that?

my damn phone is about to run out of minutes

just come to our room. i don't want you to run out

ok

***end call***

i got out of bed and took a quick shower. i put on some pants and a tee and started out the door. "were you guys talking about moving up here with mark?" i turned back to ace. he was just waking up. i nodded. "just gimme a minute. im coming too," he got out of bed and took a quick shower. he put on some basket ball shorts and followed me out the door shirtless.

we got to their room and i took a seat on a chair while ace laid on their unused bed. luffy was sitting up watching tv while law was still sleep. "i texted everyone else so we can talk about this together," he said. another few minutes and ussop, robin, koala, and sabo came in the room. sabo closed the door and sat on the sofa with koala. robin sat next to them on ussop's lap. "ok. everyone is here," chimed luffy. "what is this about?" asked robin. "we were talking with mark about what will happen after the trip and he said he would be willing to hire us on as his own dancers," i said. she giggled. "im sure sanji had a few choice words for that," she said. "i don't see what he could have to say about it. this is great. we will have steady work and wont have to spend every second of everyday working, sleeping, or dancing. its like a win win," said koala. everyone nodded. "sanji left this morning to talk with mark about the details," said luffy. koala's eyes widened. "how on earth did you convince him?" she asked. everyone giggled and looked at me. "zoro took one for the team," luffy said simply. her eyes widened and she blushed. "anyway. that's not the reason we need to talk today. we were talking with mark and he said that in order for us to work with him, we would have to move her to the city," he said. "what is there to talk about? it'll be a struggle but if we work together, we can probably get the money to move here," said ussop. a chorus of yeses. "lets be realistic here. everyone will literally have to up root their life to move here. we have to quit all our jobs, change schools, and hope we can find a place to live or else we will have to sleep on the bus and in our cars. do we really want to take the risk here? its not something we can easily come back from," said sabo. everyone seemed to think about it. "well tell me this. how much longer will  we survive back home? working our self ragged 24/7 with no end in sight. i told sanji that if we don't go through with this then im quitting. i cant keep going with this. the little 200 a show he gives us isn't enough to compensate for the 40/50/60 hours we spend a week in his studio. i was quit and get a real job if he didn't talk to mark about it," i said. "you planned on quitting?" ace sat up and looked at me. i nodded. "aw shit. he is serious you guys," he sat back and watched tv. "of course i was serious and you guys should be too. this is a big step for all of us, not just sanji, or me or you guys. im pretty confident that the company would have went under in the next two or three months. we were lucky to be noticed by nami or we wouldn't be here today," i said. a chorus of yeses. "if sanji comes back and says that he didn't go through with it then i think we should go on with out him. i spent the last two years getting to know all of you and i don't want that to end because of sanji's selfishness. we can call our selfs something different and convince mark to sign us," said luffy. a chorus of yeses. i looked at the clock, 10:24 am. "sanji should be done talking with mark about it in a little while so-" luffy's phone started ringing and it cut me off. luffy looked at it. "its sanji. everyone be quite. im gonna put it on speaker phone," we nodded.