chapter 10

zoro pov

tsk...like im gonna burn this fucking picture. i pulled out of my back pocket while he wasn't looking and slipped it in my wallet last night. i reached over to the nightstand and picked up the wallet. i rolled over so i wouldn't face ace. i took it out. i couldn't fight the grin that spread across my face. i looked at the picture. he was looking at me. when we got to the bottom of the drop he looked at me. this picture shows it. he was looking at me while i was panicking. he had a gentle smile on his perfect face. i clutched the picture. shit. i think i might be a little obsessed over him. just a little. it might not be healthy. i heard ace groaning. i stuffed the picture back in my wallet and closed it up. i put it back on the night stand. i stared up at the ceiling. im gonna be living under the same room as him. i wonder if i will be in the part of the mansion where i could share his shower? shit. yeah. im a little weird. getting all excited about the possibility that i might be able to share his shower. i bet he looks so fucking sexy with bed head. "tsk...you thinking about it too?" i turned my head to see ace. he was staring up at the ceiling too. i sighed. "....is that weird?" i asked. he grunted. "its super fucking weird bro. mega freaky," he chuckled. i sighed. "...im totally thinking about too...i wonder if ill be in the part of the mansion where i could share his bathroom," he thinks just like me. "tsk...and you wanna call me weird," he chuckled. he sat up quickly. "well....time to get packed and head to the little shit hole we call home," he stretched and got up. he walked over to his bag and stuffed his clothes in it. i got up and went to my bag and did the same. we were completely packed in less than ten minutes. i tossed my duffle bag towards the door. ace did the same. "and that is done. its like 8 o'clock in the morning and i know we wont be able to make it back to sleep. you wanna go get some breakfast?" asked ace as he stretched. i shrugged and followed him out the door.

"you know....it's gonna be different. i didn't think i would have to move again so soon after moving into our apartment," said ace as we walked down the street. "i think its long over do. you know the life we lived for the past two years. praying everyday that we would be discovered by someone big. hoping we only have to work like Hebrew slaves for a little while longer. having to put up with.....everything wrong with our little two bedroom apartment," i said. he seemed to think it over. "...yeah but i gotta say, i was starting to like it a little bit. it was hard, don't get me wrong, but it was stable. we had a flow that just worked for us. the way our schedules just fit together like puzzle pieces. when you would get off, i would be just getting off. you would drop me off on the way to your next job. the time we did spend together were always pretty fun," he said. we rounded a corner. yeah. i guess he is right. we did just sorta fit together. "...but this? this new chapter? i gotta say its a little scary. i mean....we are gonna leave it all behind. our little shit hole apartment with the leaky faucet and creaky floor will be traded for a really nice house. we get our own room that aren't surrounded by thin walls. we wont wake each other up with our snoring. on top of that....we will be able to go from three jobs to just one. i don't know if i can handle that. going from working 24/7 to working maybe 12 hrs a day and that's only when a performance is coming up. what will we do with all that extra time?" i just shrugged. it was a good question. "im sure everyone else is thinking that too," we walked into McDonalds. "let me get a.....breakfast burrito and some oj," said ace. the lady looked at me. "ill have like....a parfait and some oatmeal and a small coffee," i said. "how do you like it?" "three creams and sugars," she nodded and printed up the order. we paid and took the food. we sat at a table. "im....im gonna miss it. ill be honest," said ace with a mouth full of burrito. i shrugged. "i kinda like the idea of having nothing to do for once," i ate some of my oatmeal.

"....i hope it wont be boring," we had finished eating and were headed back to the hotel. "i don't think it will be boring. mark said he would load it up with stuff to do on our off days. of course...if all that fails, mark is pretty interesting to just stare at," i was only half serious. ace chuckled. "yeah....ill agree with you on that one. its like everything he does, he does with absolute certainty. like he planned it all out years in advance. he doesn't think twice about doing anything. i mean....i kinda don't want to admit it but....are we really worth it? he has spent so much money over the past four days on us and only  plans to spend more. what does he see in us? we are a little ragtag team of mediocre dancers from a little city about six hours from him. on top of that....we only just met the guy two weeks ago and he wants us to move in with him? call me crazy but that sounds like a red flag to me. just out of no where, allow 9 near strangers to live under the same roof as you? shit...i think i might be getting cold feet," said ace. we rounded the corner. "well if you think about it.....i don't know if you can really call us strangers anymore. in the two weeks we've even known each other, we went to a party, a concert, the carnival. he has made out with almost everyone. you two kinda...you know. he rode the bus with us more often than he drove. people have fallen asleep on him when we watched movies. we fucking passed out drunk in his bed that other night, and if all that wasn't enough....he was there during that truth or dare," i said. my face felt hot. ace blushed. he scratched his head. "yeah...i remember that truth or dare.....when you put it like that, he knows us so well he may as well be the 10th member of our little group," he said. i sighed. "he pretty much is and i think everyone would agree," i said. there was a long moment of silence. we were approaching the hotel. "...hey zoro," i looked at ace. "ive always wondered....is mark dating anyone? ive never heard him talk about a girlfriend or boyfriend in the entire time ive known him," he asked. i had to think. "...i don't think so. i hope not," we finally made it to the hotel.