chapter 18

meanwhile...

zoro pov

ive never been one for shopping. gotta say....i was surprised when he said we were getting new wardrobes. i couldn't really think of anything. i got like 10 pairs of pants and 20 different shirts but is that really enough? i sighed. i could just go ask him how to do this. yeah. he should be all alone right now. everyone else is busy shopping. itll just be me and him. i couldn't fight the grin that spread across my face. all alone with my crush. ok. im gonna do it. i looked around. luffy and law trying stuff on in the fitting rooms. ace is looking at the pants, even though he has no shirts in his carts. sanji is kinda staring at me. shit. i cant really disappear with him watching me. what to do. i saw ace grab some pants. walked over to sanji. ok. that worked itself out. they will look at pants together for a while. ok. im good. i slowly made my way to the entrance of the store. i looked out. "ZORO!!" shit. i turned to see luffy running towards me. i looked around him. just him. ok. he was holding some pants. he stood next to me. "what do you think of these pants?" he held them to his waist. i shrugged. they looked like they would fit. "they look good," i whispered. "why are you whispering?" he whispered back. i looked to where mark was. he was talking with three people. two burly men and a woman in black and purple. they said something to him. the burly men took out two machine guns. my heart started beating fast. shit. those are some dangerous people. what do they want with mark? mark raised his hands and stood up. the woman placed a blindfold on him while the burly men tied his hands behind his back. he was led out. shit. what do i do? who do i call? im starting to panic. ok. i need to be rational about this. what can i do? i can call the police. yeah. that's what im gonna do. i pulled out my phone. shit. no battery. i was susposed to charge it last night but mark was.....yeah. ok. i turned towards luffy. he was staring in shock. "did you see too?" i whispered. he slowly nodded his head. "call the police," i whispered. he nodded and pulled out his phone.

 i looked around. sanji and ace were looking for more pants. law had came out of the fitting room looking for luffy probably. i dont want to panic. it will cause everyone else to panic. i need to see where they are going. ok. i waited till they left and i jogged to look out the window. they put him into a car and it pulled off shortly after. ok. i stepped out. i saw them going down the street. shit. i dont have a car or bike or anything to keep up with them. i saw them go around a corner. i  headed back inside. people were coming out with their stuff. they were looking for mark. luffy was trying to explain. they didn't seem to understand. i went over. "the fuck you mean 'mark was kidnapped'? its broad daylight!! and he was right in the middle of the mall!! like we could believe that," complained sanji. luffy was frantic. "im telling you. me and zoro saw it happen. it was three people. two men and a woman. the guys had guns! they just took him!!" he said. "did you call the police?" asked ace. "i tried to tell them. they said he needs to be missing for at least two days before they can take action. we have to go rescue him ourselves," said luffy. everyone shook their heads. "do we look crazy to you? mark was kidnapped by people with guns! GUNS! you know those things that can KILL people if you point them in the wrong direction!!" said law. "come on guys!! this is mark we are talking about here. the guy who singlehandedly changed all of our lives for the better. the guy who took us from our raggedy ass apartments back home and put us in a luxurious mansion! i mean.....the guy was in the process of buying us all new wardrobes for crying out loud!!" shrieked luffy. they didn't seem convinced. "i got a family to protect, bro," sabo rubbed koala's stomach. "i have a life to live. i got school and dreams and you do too," said law. "yeah i know and mark is a key component in all of that!! he was gonna put us through school and stuff. who knows what else he had planned for all of us. we need to rescue him, pronto," reasoned luffy. they were arguing for a long while. "guys!! the longer we argue about rescuing him the longer his life is in danger!!" i said. they started to quiet down. "think about it like this: if luffy were kidnapped, law would want us to go get him. if koala were kidnapped, sabo would want us to go get her. if robin were kidnapped, ussop would want us to go get her. what would you say if any of those were the case?" i asked. they seemed to think it over. "i guess you are right about that but...what can we do? we dont know where he went. who kidnapped him. why they kidnapped him. it was probably a crazy fan of his. we cant go to the police because he hasn't been missing for long enough. we cant do anything," said ace. i sighed. "doesn't he have like the gps thingy on his phone?" i asked. "i already checked it. it seems like they discarded his phone so he couldn't be followed. the gps shows he is still here at the mall," said luffy. "lets just get our stuff back to the house," said ussop. we all got our stuff paid for and headed back to the house. we put our stuff away and convened back in the living room. "what do we do now?" asked law. i took a deep breath. "i guess we will just have to wait," i said.