Chapter Eleven

They lost. Game one and two at home, and if they lost one more game they were out.

We were on a plane to Texas, and I hate flying. It makes me feel nauseous and being pregnant can't help that.

I had to postpone my doctors appointment until after the series was done because Josh was so busy training and getting ready on the off days in between, and I didn't want him to miss this milestone.

Lisa was coming too, and I was happy because Lisa was just amazing. I honestly don't know what I would do without her.

When the season is over we're moving in with her in Florida, and that way there I'll be close to my dad and Louise.

We landed in Texas at about one thirty in the morning and I was exausted. I couldn't sleep on planes so I had been awake for almost twenty four hours.

I grabbed my suitcase off the conveyor belt and walked over to a bench and sat down.

I put my hand on my stomach and willed my stomach ache to go away. This was my least favourite part about being pregnant.

Josh came over and got me and told me that the bus was here, so we left the airport with Lisa trailing behind us.

The bus ride was short and I couldn't wait to get to our hotel room so I could go to sleep.

"Did you sleep at all on the plane?" Josh whispered because basically everyone had fallen back asleep.

"No. I can't sleep on planes," I whispered back.

Josh just kind of looked at me, then lifted the armrest and pulled me into his side.

He placed a hand on my stomach and smiled.

"I helped make those," he whispered laughing.

"No really?" I said back.

"Yes really," he said seriously.

"Well I know that Josh I was just being sarcastic. Or as my language arts teacher used to say, I was using verbal irony," I said laughing.

"Verbal irony," he said thinking.

"Yep verbal irony," I whispered putting my head on his shoulder and letting my eyes flutter shut.

I didn't fall asleep though because the minute I let my eyes close, we arrived at the hotel.

I groaned and sat up and joined the line of people waiting to get off the bus.

I walked into the lobby and sat down and waited for Josh to check us in.

He walked over and grabbed my suitcase and we walked over to the elevator. He pushed the seven button.

"You did not!" I exclaimed. He got us a luxury suite.

"I did so, you deserve it."

He unlocked the door and I was amazed. A couch and love seat and a huge kitchenette, and the bed, oh my it had its own room with a sliding door that separated it from the whole room. And there was a TV in the bedroom and out with the couch.

And the bathroom, oh my it was beautiful. The shower stall was all glass, and the square sink was to die for, and the tile backslash and the floor was just amazing.

"Oh Josh, this is amazing," I breathed.

"I'm glad you like it, this is ours for three nights," he told me kissing my cheek.

I'm glad he was so optimistic that they were going to win.

I put my pajamas on and slid under the covers. I let my eyes flutter shut as I slipped into a deep sleep.