Chapter Twelve

After they won game four, I was very very happy to be going back to Toronto for game five. I was so proud of the boys for coming back from a two games to nothing deficit. But I worried that they were going to loose because Rogers Center seemed to be Texas' ballpark.

I grabbed my new favourite sundress out of my closet, and put it on as well I straightened my hair and put on the usual makeup. I grabbed my first Donaldson jersey, because it was my lucky one, and put it on and left it unbuttoned so I wouldn't pop any buttons.

"Lucy you look great!" Josh exclaimed. "You look good with my last name on your back," he added rubbing my shoulders.

"Thank you, but you look handsome as always," I said turning around so I was in his arms.

"I love you Lucy," he said gazing into my eyes.

"And I love you too," I replied gazing into the crystal clear blueness of his eyes.

He leaned in and kissed me and every time he kissed me a jolt went through me. I loved that jolt and it would never get old.

"Did I ever tell you how beautiful you are?" he asked me.

"You tell me every day Josh, and that's what a real man does for his woman," I said running my fingers through his hair.

He let go of me and put my favourite slow song on, Thinking Out Loud by Ed Sheeran.

He came over and slid his arms around my waist as I snaked mine around his neck and we danced.

Swaying our bodies to the slow melody of the song, it just felt so right especially with Josh.

I put my head on his shoulder and he pulled me as close to him as he could as we started moving towards the living room.

He dimmed the lights when we walked by and things couldn't have been more perfect.

"I love you Josh."

"I love you too Lucy."

My hormones begged me to cry, and I let a few tears escape, but I just couldn't stop thinking about how perfect this would be on our wedding day.

"Lucy," he started. "Do you wanna just skip the big wedding and go get married right here right now at city hall?"

I thought for a moment. And I couldn't think of anything more perfect.

"Let's do it, let's go right now," I said as the song ended.

"My mom can be the witness," he said getting very excited.

He called her and told her what was going down and not even five minutes later Lisa was here, ready to go to town hall.

I grabbed my Blue Jays ball cap and Josh grabbed his and we walked the five minutes to the city hall.

Josh was in his baseball uniform so of course everyone knew who he was and wanted his autograph. But when someone asked he simply told them that he had to go get married.

We walked into city hall and signed the papers that we had to sign and then they showed us to a waiting room.

"Oh I never even thought to get you a bouquet," Josh said as another couple came out of the hall.

"It's okay Josh," I told him. "Just as long as you have the rings."

"Those I have," he said pulling a box out of his pocket.

Lisa got up and walked over to a restroom and we sat there waiting for the minister to call us in.

Lisa came back ten minutes later with her hands behind her back.

"Ma, what do you have?" Josh asked her.

She pulled a bouquet of flowers from behind her back and handed them to me.

"A bride simply cannot go down the aisle without a bouquet," she told me.

"Thank you Lisa but you really didn't have to," I told her starting to tear up.

Then they called us in. Lisa stood up as Josh and I walked up to the minister hand in hand.

"Good afternoon," the minister said to us. "Would you guys like to share your vows with each other?"

We nodded yes. "Josh, you go first," the minister said nodding to Josh.

He took a deep breath then said, "Lucy, from the moment I met you, I knew you were the one for me. You have a contagious charisma that I just couldn't resist. And then I asked you to be my girlfriend, and you said yes. And five years later I asked for your hand in marriage, and now you're pregnant with our first two children," he started crying, which made me cry too, "Lucy I couldn't see myself with anyone else."

The minister nodded to me.

I wiped my tears. "Joshua Adam Donaldson, I know they say love at first sight isn't real, but I knew the moment I laid eyes on you, you were the one. And I couldn't believe that you played baseball when I met you at that party, and I will admit I used to hate baseball. But now I love baseball, and the man I'm watching. And I honestly can't wait until we meet our babies. I am so happy that I get to spend the rest of my life with you, and not someone else. I love you," I was full out crying and so was Josh. I couldn't have pictured this day any different.

"Now please place your rings on each other's hands," the minister instructed.

"By the power invested in me, I now pronounce you husband and wife, Josh you may now kiss the bride."

He kissed me hard and passionately, even if his mom was there.

"Ladies and Lady," the minister said seeing that it was only Lisa, "Mr and Mrs Josh Donaldson."

Lisa stood up and clapped and cheered for us. We walked down the aisle again but now I was Mrs Lucy Donaldson. And I honestly wouldn't have it any other way.

A/N: I know this is short but I got over 1000 words! And it's short because I just wanted their wedding to be the center of this chapter! Enjoy!
Lucy💕