Chapter Eighteen

Dad and Louise had to leave before supper but it was great seeing them again.

We set up the kitchen table and a whole bunch of TV trays in the living room, and all eighteen of us sat down for dinner.

I got to sit beside Thole and Ryan and across from Josh. And that turkey, was the best turkey I've ever ate. Lisa is an amazing cook.

I was like a hollow pit, I ate a little bit of everything. And lots of pickles.

"Cravings?" Ryan asked.

"You bet," I told him eating another one.

"How about pie?" Lisa asked everyone.

All of the kids loved that idea, and so did I. Lisa handed pieces of apple pie with homemade vanilla ice cream down the table and to the kids eating off of TV trays.

Then Ryan handed me my piece and I dug in, tasting the apples and the cinnamon and oh my God it was delicious.

"Lisa, this is the most amazing pie I've ever had," I admitted silently apologizing to my Nona.

"I'm glad you like it dear," she said smiling.

After dinner all of us ladies went to do dishes while the men watched the kids.

It took us no time at all to do the dishes and thank god because I hate dishes.

I went and sat down in the living room with Josh as we all watched National Lampoons Christmans Vacation. It was my favourite Christmas movie.

Even the kids watched the movie with us, even though it's not really a kids movie.

Their favourite part was when the squirrel jumped out of the Christmas tree and ran all around the house.

And to be honest it was my favourite part too.

After the movie everyone went to bed, their stomachs full of turkey, and the kids happy with their presents. It was a great Christmas.

|||||||||

On boxing day everyone wanted to stay here and watch the IIHF World Juniors Hockey Championships.

"Team Canada for gold!" I chanted. It was fun being the only Canadian there.

"No way USA is the way to go," Josh said playfully punching my shoulder.

"Nope hockey is Canada's game," I retorted.

"Whatever you say," he said putting his hands up in mock defense.

Canada won because Canada is the best ever. Like duh.

|||||||||

It was New Year's Eve and everyone was still here at Lisa's. We all loved the company.

And they even worked out a bed schedule so the people who slept on the air mattresses didn't have to sleep on the air mattress all the time.

And since it was NYE that meant the classic Canada vs USA game. I sat with red and white war stripes on my face while everyone else had red, white and blue.

Jose felt bad for me and came to the Canadian side.

Canada won because you know how great Canada is. And Jose and I were the happiest people in the house.

"Told you!" I exclaimed poking Josh.

"Yep you told me alright," he said frowning.

"Oh come on we all knew I'd be right, right?" I said.

"I did!" Jose exclaimed.

"Jose is my new main man because we have a great sense of hockey teams," I said standing up with Jose as we slung our arms around each other.