Chapter Sixteen

It was now Christmas time in sunny Florida and I was excited to be spending my first Christmas someplace where it wouldn't snow.

I walked through the kitchen humming Christmas songs when Lisa walked in with a hunormous turkey.

"Could you open the fridge dear?" She asked.

I moved to open the fridge and she set the turkey on the top shelf. It hardly fit.

"That's a big bird! Do you expect that to thaw in three days?" I asked her.

"Yep and it will or I will cook the hell out of it," she said laughing.

I couldn't help but giggle. Lisa was very funny.

"Lisa I'm going last minute shopping, I'll be back in a couple hours at the most," I said grabbing my keys.

"Can I come with you? I need to buy a few things too," she asked.

"Sure, I'm just going to tell Josh we're leaving."

I went and found Josh asleep in our room. He has been enjoying his daily afternoon naps now that baseball is over. So I just left him a note instead.

I grabbed my purse and headed out to our car where Lisa sat shotgun.

She directed me to the nearest mall because I still didn't have that great of a sense of direction.

Once we got to the mall we agreed to be back to the car by four thirty. Then we went our separate ways.

I bought Josh a new pair of batting gloves, because be told me how much he wanted a new pair.

I also bought him a new chain to wear under his jersey. So then he'd know that I'm always with him even when I can't be.

I decided to buy Lisa a ginormous turkey pan because there was no way that bird was going to fit in the one she has.

I even bought Lisa a grandmother ring. Because she was definitely excited to say the least.

I didn't buy many presents but I hoped that Josh and Lisa would enjoy them anyways. And I spent the past three hours on my feet and I was glad it was four thirty.

I made my way out to the car and put my stuff in the trunk and covered it with a blanket that I kept in the car. Then Lisa came out shortly after and we left for home.

|||||||||

I moved as quickly as I could up the stairs so nobody could see their gifts.

I wrapped them and sat them underneath the Christmas tree. I couldn't wait until they opened their presents. I hoped they liked them.

|||||||||

It was Christmas Eve and I was so excited. It was my fifth Christmas with Josh, but my first at Lisa's house.

"Calm down Luce, that definitely cannot be good for the babies. You are just so excited," Josh said to me.

"Christmas is my favourite holiday! I jut can't help it I'm excited!" I exclaimed sitting on the couch.

Josh pulled me into his side and I admired his ugly Christmas sweater. It had him on it and it said 'Bringer of Reindeer'. It was cheesy and cute. I had one with Jose on it and I said 'Merry Flippin Christmas' it had the bat flip on it.

"Merry flippin Christmas bringer of reindeer," I said kissing his cheek.

"Oh you're cheesy aren't you," he told me.

"Of course I am. I wouldn't be Lucy Donaldson if I wasn't cheesy," I said laughing.

"Of course," he said smiling.