Chapter Thirteen

After our high tailed wedding we had a baseball game to get to.

I couldn't stop looking at my wedding band when I finally sat down. It felt so surreal. I was Mrs. Lucy Donaldson.

"I'm so happy for you two," Lisa said sitting next to me.

"Thank you Lisa, I'm happy that I get the best mother in law in the whole world," I said starting to tear up.

"Oh don't cry sweetie," she said wiping underneath my eyes.

"I just can't help it, I'm so happy," I said grabbing a kleenex from my purse.

"Oh honey I'm happy for you too," she said smiling at me.

Then Josh appeared at the side of the dugout so he could talk to us.

"Are you crying?" He asked me.

"Maybe? But they're happy tears I promise!"

"Alright whatever you say," he said leaning over the fence to give me a kiss.

"I love you," I told him.

"I love you too Lucy Donaldson," he said climbing down the fence.

The game was underway, and I was just so nervous I almost threw up. Twice.

And when the Rangers scored a run on a dead play I couldn't help but stand up and yell at the umpires.

Josh came over to the fence and told me to calm down.

"I can't!" I yelled. "It was a fucking stupid call and I'm giving my piece of mind!"

"Listen, Lucy, you need to calm down before they kick you out of here!" He said competing with the noise of Rogers Center.

"Fine," I said sitting down again.

The call was that the run counted for Texas and then all of the Toronto fans started throwing their beer cans on the field. The whole delay ended up being forty five minutes long.

Then the game was underway again and soon enough Jose Bautista hit a three run home run.

He seen that this ball was outta here, so he flipped hit bat behind him. He ran the bases and the whole dugout cleared to congratulate him. I stood up again myself and cheered as loud as I could.

This game was just fantastic. And they ended up holding the lead to win the game. 2015 American League Division Champions.

I went down to the sidelines where Josh picked me up bridal style and lifted me over the wall.

"You did it! I can't believe it!" I said crying into his shoulder.

"Yeah we did it baby!" He said getting champagne sprayed over the both of us by Jose himself.

He led me over to the clubhouse where I put on a pair of goggles and was handed a bottle of champagne.

I shook it up and popped the cork. Spraying it everywhere and on everyone.

Josh had his gloves off, so his wedding band was on full display. And Barry Davis caught sight of it. He came over with his camera crew and started to interview Josh.

He told me to come here, and then Barry asked us if we were married.

"Yes, we tied the knot today actually," Josh told him.

"Well congratulations Mr. and Mrs. Donaldson," he said going to find someone else to interview.

"Now the whole world knows," I said smiling at him.