Chapter Fifteen

I woke up to Josh blaring Good Vibrations by Marky Mark and the Funky Bunch and I glared at him, then I realized that I really really had to pee.

"Can you pull over? I need to pee," I asked undoing my seat belt.

He slowed to the side of the interstate and unlocked the doors and I flew out of the car and squatted.

"Hey Josh, I'm hungry too," I told him.

It was after two o'clock in the morning and I didn't know what state we were even in.

"Alright I'll drive you to the nearest fast food restaurant then you can turn the GPS on and drive," he told me yawning.

"Alright deal. But what state are we in," I asked getting back in the car.

"We're actually in Virginia," he said.

"Um we made it to Virginia in twelve hours?" I said in shock.

"Yeah I kind of sped like a madman," he admitted.

"Of course you did," I told him as he took the next exit pulling into a small town with a McDonald's and Tim Hortons and a gas station.

"Here, you go get your food," he said handing me a twenty.

I got a Big Mac and then went over to Tims and got a large iced cap.

Josh came out of the convenience store and sat in the passenger seat with his own McDonald's bag.

I started the car and turned on the GPS and got back on the interstate.

We were only a mere five or six hours at the most from Pensacola. I pushed the car to 120 kilometers per hour because since I was raised Canadian and don't remember the conversion between miles and kilometers I just went with 120 even though I knew that was speeding.

By four in the morning I had made it to South Carolina and was almost to Georgia. I was driving like a madman.

I reached Georgia by five thirty and I felt like a champ for it. But I had to slow down going near the state border so I wouldn't get caught speeding. I brought the car down to 100 and drove like that for twenty miles.

I went into Alabama and drove like a madman through that state then the Florida border was in sight.

Then I kicked her back up and drove across the state border around seven in the morning. We were almost to Pensacola. Maybe a half an hour at the most.

I pulled into a gas station and filled the tank up again for the second time since Josh filled it up. I went inside to pay and then used the bathroom and grabbed a few snacks for Josh and I.

Josh was awake when I got back in the car, and he looked very dazed and confused.

"Where are we," he mumbled.

"Florida," I told him.

"Really?" He said sitting up.

"Yeah we're in Molino. We're about a half hour out, do you want me to keep driving?"

"Yeah go ahead, wake me up when we get there," he told me as he drifted back off to sleep.

I turned on my music and put on Bay Area Perspective by the Mekanix. I rapped all the parts I knew and hummed the rest.

Soon enough the GPS was directing m into a neighborhood in Pensacola and I was sitting in the driveway of Josh's childhood home.

"Josh, we're here," I said shaking his shoulders.

He grumbled something and turned his back to me.

"Joshua Adam Donaldson, you wake your butt up we're at your mother's house," I said sternly.

"Alright I'm up," he said undoing his seat belt and stretching.

He opened the car door and we each grabbed two suitcases and a duffle bag as Lisa came out and greeted us.

"You guys are here!" She exclaimed hugging us both. "You look amazing Lucy," she commented.

"Thanks Lisa it's good to see you again," I told her hugging her back.

"I'm glad you guys got here safely," she said taking my bags from me.

I walked into Josh's childhood home and was overwhelmed with an abundance of baseball awards.

From little league, to competitive AA, to AAA Buffalo.

"Wow," I said gaping at the awards that littered the mantle and had their own shelf.

"I guess you could say I was a good ball player back in the day," he said shrugging.

"Uhm, I guess," I said still shocked.

"Yeah come on you look absolutely exhausted," he said grabbing all six of our bags and hauling them upstairs.

He lead me to the typical teenage boy bedroom. Favourite sports posters everywhere and flags of favourite universities.

"Wow, how long has it been since we've last been here?" I asked him.

"Three years. My room hasn't changed a bit," he said flopping onto his queen sized bed.

"It's cute," I said walking over to his posters.

"Cute?" He asked laughing.

"Yes! I know that these went up when you were a teenager, but it's just cute to me," I said shrugging.

"Alright," he told me still laughing.

"Why are you laughing?"

"Because what you said was adorable," he said looking at me.

I couldn't help but smile. I loved it when people complimented me.

|||||||||

Lisa wanted to take us out for dinner, so we let her.

She took us to a small restaurant downtown and it was the best restaurant I've ever been to. All homemade. Everything. They even got their milk and eggs from the cows and chickens they have.

After supper Lisa and Josh showed me around town and where he went to school. It was nice.

"Maybe our kids will get to go to school there," I said.

"Maybe, or either that or Toronto," Josh told me. "So you can be there with me."

I smiled at him. It sounded like a good idea, but if they didn't make the postseason then their season would be ending and school would be starting, then during the summer they'd still be here in Toronto because of baseball. We'd really have to think about it.

|||||||||

When Josh and I got back with Lisa, we all went to bed. Josh fell asleep first and that left me to my thoughts.

Was I going to be a good enough mother? How was I going to be able to handle twins when Josh wasn't with me?

But then I thought, if I wasn't fit for the job, I wouldn't have been the one fulfilling the job.

A/N: Hey guys! Sorry this chapter took sooooo long! I was camping and the lifeguard for the summer is insanely HOT and he hugged me and only me before I left! So yeah and I kind of had writers block for this chapter so sorry it sucks out loud!