Chapter Twenty Two

Spring training flew by fast, and soon enough I was travelling to Montreal to watch Josh play against the Red Sox.

I was so excited to finally see my husband again. And I knew he was itching to see Miles and Hadley again.

I was thankful for the not so very long drive to Montreal, because Lisa flew back to Florida a couple of weeks ago. It wasn't easy taking care of two babies by myself but I managed.

When we reached Montreal I pulled over at a gas station and texted Josh that we were in the city. He told me his hotel room number and where his hotel was and I immediately put it into my GPS and drove there.

I was there in fifteen minutes because the traffic was a state.

I pulled into the driveway and shut the car off. I grabbed both sleeping children in their car seats and lugged them into the hotel. They were getting heavy.

I pushed the elevator button with my foot and stepped in, pushing the six button when I set the babies down.

I leaned against the wall and shut my eyes. Tired from the lack of sleep I'd been getting.

Too soon the elevator doors opened and I grabbed both kids and hauled them down to room 627 and knocked on the door.

I set both kids down and Josh opened the door and I flung myself into his arms.

"I've missed you so much!" I cried into his shoulder.

"I've missed you too baby, next spring you and the kids are coming with me," he said looking at me then kissing me.

After we broke apart he grabbed Hadley and Miles out of their car seats and hugged them close to his chest.

"Daddy's missed you two," he said to the now awake babies.

I grabbed the car seats and followed Josh into his suite. He sat down on the couch with the kids and cradled them in his arms.

I took a picture because it was these moments that were the most precious.

"Lucy, how bout we get Amanda or Danyll to babysit tonight and we go out? I've missed my beautiful wife," he said coming over and picking me up and spinning me around.

"I'm sure they'd love to babysit, they'd take any excuse to get their hands on these two," I said when he put me on the floor.

"True enough, you should call one of them and ask," he told me walking back over to the babies who had fallen asleep on the couch.

"I will," I said grabbing my phone and dialling Amanda's number.

"Hello?" Amanda said.

"Amanda! It's Lucy," I told her.

"Oh my gosh! It's been forever! How's things going with the kids?" She asked.

"Great! And actually I called you to see if you wouldn't mind babysitting tonight after the game? Josh and I want to go out," I asked.

"Of course I will babysit! I'm sure Kevin will love it too, and if he doesn't I will make him love it," she squealed from the other side of the phone.

"Alright, thanks a million, Josh and I haven't gone out since they were born! So it'll be a nice change," I told her.

"Oh yes not a problem! I'll keep them for as long as you want!" She told me.

"Thank you so much! I'll have a bag with everything they would need even though they might spend most of the time sleeping."

"Alright, I'll see you tonight!" She singsonged.

"See you tonight!" I said before she clicked off.