The next week

The rest of the week was spent assessing us still and working on riding form and such. We even had one lesson where everyone swapped horses as professional riders were required to work with more than one horse. The best thing I loved about our horse theory classes is some of them weren't even about riding, we studied the horse body and reasons behind the riding methods, and we done groundwork. There was a lot of things you generally wouldn't learn unless you were told.
Blake had also became a member of our group and hung out with us every day at school, I couldn't help notice that he and Trent seemed to be getting really close and there seemed to be something between them that I doubt they even noticed it.
As for our riding Haley, Trent, Blake and I were all doing supper well and at the top of our riding classes for English. Trent Haley and I were progressing steadily in western riding too. Seth was the top rider for Western riding and quickly becoming better at the English disciplines. All of us were practicing at home as well as in the classes.
*************************
Mrs Young kept Haley and I behind after jumping class . "I hope the both of you will be trying out for the jumping team" She addressed us.
"We will be" Haley confirmed with a smile.
"Great because you're both very promising jumpers and I hear you're going well in all your other classes... Anyway what I kept you behind for is to ask if you'd know someone interested in buying Champ?".
"Champ as in Stephanie's horse?" I asked confused.
"Yes... Well no, not anymore. They just don't work well together, he doesn't agree with her attitude he's still young and nervous at some things, he requires a lot of positive reinforcement which she doesn't give. She will be learning to work with a horse from now on" Mrs Young informed.
"Well how much are they selling him for?" Haley asked.
"Twenty thousand. He's impeccably breed and willing with the right person".
"That's a deal for a horse like him. I can make a call to Mum and ask if she knows anyone, or even if she may be interested in him. We're looking for a good lesson horse for our more advanced riders" I told her.
"Great come see me after school" She said.
So I called Mum at lunch and told her about Champ and she was really interested in him. "He sounds like a good horse. I think the more advanced riders could use him if you want to have him for a week or so there and test him with Seth perhaps?" She asked.
"Yeah we could do that, I can work with him for a while to get him to a decent level too" I agreed.
"Great so we'll get him! Do you have enough money for him or should I send some over?" She questioned.
"I got it, it's your money anyway" I said and hung up.
I went to see Mrs Young after school and agreed to give the check to Blake when he came to my house that evening. He was going home for the long weekend and taking Trent with him. His car and horse trailer were already at the house.
All of us including Blake met up at the front of the school, he was bareback with a bridle and the rest of us had opted for nothing but a cordeo.
"You are all very bonded with your horses, I have rode Whisper in a cordeo but only in an arena, we jumped with it a few times too but we need work" Blake noted.
"We can help you. We can ride each other's horses like this" Trent told him.
When we got home I wrote up a check for $20,000 and gave it to Blake. He hitched up the trailer to his car and then loaded up Whisper..
Seth and Haley were also going away for the weekend with her Aunt so that meant it'd just be Hunter and I for the weekend.