Back in the saddle.

We went home after about an hour and watched a movie before I decided to take Bandit out on a trail.
"Can I come?" Hunter asked, surprising me.
"You want to ride?" I questioned slowly, hiding my excitement.
He nodded "If that's OK. I can ride Vanity for you".
"Sure" I smiled "I'll tack her up".
"I know how to tack a horse Eden" He reminded.
"Alright" I laughed at him and led the way to the pasture where we caught the horses and took them to be tacked up. I told Hunter to ride Vanity around a spare pasture for a bit before we rode the trail just to make sure he was up for it.
"He hasn't forgotten how to ride" I mused to Bandit who nickered back. Watching him was as if he hadn't stopped riding and the smile that crept onto his face when he asked Vanity to canter was huge and infectious. "Way to go cowboy!" I called out.
He stopped Vanity and walked her to the gate, opening and closing it on her back "Ready?" He asked still grinning.
"Can you keep up?" I dared as I clicked my tongue a few times and gave Bandit rein. He took off at a canter and I kept him at a canter with Vanity and Hunter on our tails.
Hunter kicked Vanity up to a gallop and passed us "Eat our dust!" He called with glee.
"It's the other way around" I told him and asked Bandit to gallop "Let's get em boy".
We reached their side and I stayed there for a few meters "Had enough" I dared as I gave Bandit his head and we tore away from them.
A log had fallen over the trail that you could get around or jump I chose to jump and then stopped Bandit and turned him around giving him praise
I watched the track as Vanity and Hunter came around the bend. Hunter noticed the log and I was half expecting him to pull up as doubt came to his expression but he shook his head slightly and determination spread onto his face, he said something to Vanity, I'm guessing words of encouragement and readied for the jump, which was quite large for someone who hadn't rode in a long time.
I applauded them as they landed on the side with Bandit and I. "That was a great jump, are you sure you haven't been practicing in secret?" I asked.
We continued on the trail but this time only at a walk so as we could talk "This is really nice, thank you" Hunter sighed.
"Why are you thanking me? It was your idea" I reminded.
He just smiled at me for a moment before continuing "I really missed riding, maybe I can start again? We should surprise the others".
"Sure, you can test out Champ when he gets back to see if he works well with less confident people. If not you can ride Bandit" I told him.
"OK deal" He said.