Getting serious.

"So things are getting pretty serious with you and Briana?" Seth asked Hunter over tea.

A week of knowing and being together may seem too early for someone to be 'serious' about a relationship. But Hunter had never had a real relationship before.
He gave a slight nod "I guess we are, it's kind of weird actually trying for a relationship".
"I never thought that I'd see the day that Hunter Warren was actually serious about a relationship" Haley noted.
"Trust me I'm just as surprised as you are" Hunter said and glanced at me as if watching for my reaction.
I just looked down at my plate and pushed my food around. Why couldn't I let this go? I was so hung up on him but clearly I was nothing but a stepping stone in his life, one that didn't serve any purpose at all.
"Isn't it great guys?" Seth said.
"Sure is" Trent nodded and nudged me.
"Too good to be true" I tried to joke, but it was true he was serious about Briana.
"I'm just surprised that I haven't heard any stories of your plans to seduce her" Seth said humorously.
"For your information I don't have any, we have a long way to go before we start making any plans. I want this relationship to mean something; I don't want it to be like all the rest. This is my first relationship where sex isn't my aim. We'll be waiting until we're both ready" Hunter informed. At this everyone gave astonished looks.
"She must be one hell of a girl to change you" Seth said.
"I just think it's time I prove that I can be serious, that I'm capable of more than a fling" Hunter shrugged but shot another glance in my direction.
"It's about time you realised, after all the hearts you've broken" I hissed, all eyes turned to me. Haley's jaw open slightly, surprised. We disagreed with Hunters flings but it had always been his decision and none of us had ever commented on the matter.
"Well that was maybe a little harsh but I agree. You've never really considered how hurtful it is for someone to be tricked into believing someone truly cares when all they want from you is sex, and I think that's just cruel, if all somebody wants out of a relationship is sex than they should make it clear from the start" Haley added.
"I guess you all agree?" Hunter asked, looking around.
Trent rubbed his neck nervously and said "Well yeah..." whereas Blake just nodded.
"It is a dick move" Seth said, squeezing Haley's hand as if to reassure her that he would never use her.
"It is, I guess I was too much of an ass to care about the consequences that came from my actions as long as it didn't hurt me and I got what I wanted without putting my emotions on the line. I think you'd all know that apart for my terrible relationship record I am actually a really nice and caring person" He answered calmly. He was usually a caring person; he would always be there when you needed somebody and was always willing to listen.
"So you admit it you are an ass" I said, trying to add humour into my tone. It came out sounding very sarcastic but he cracked a smile anyway thinking that I was kidding.