Night time confessions.

I had spent the afternoon busying myself getting two stalls set out for the new horses, we now only had one stall free. I also organised the tack room and then raked the arenas. It was tough work but I didn't want to be near Hunter at least for a while. When it began to grow dark outside I went inside Hunter had already cooked tea so I grabbed my plate and went to my room to study.

Now I was lying in bed listening to music through earbuds, not being able to sleep. There was a knock on my door "Can I come in?" I didn't reply but after a minute Hunter opened the door I ignored him though he could tell I was awake. He approached the bed, sat down and removed one of the earbuds.
I pushed him hard and he fell off the bed "What do you want?" I asked.
"We need to talk" He informed.
"Can't we do this tomorrow?" I sighed.
"I don't think it can wait" He shook his head.
"OK but I want my questions answered" I sighed.
"I can do that" He agreed and sat on my bed once more, this time I let him stay.
I began with the obvious question "What happened between you and Briana? Didn't she give you what you wanted? I thought you liked her"
"No, Briana was all for it. We had a good time and were getting intimate we were down to our underwear and-" He began.
"OK I don't need all the details" I cut him off, trying to get the image out of my mind.
"She went to remove my boxers and I froze, I couldn't go through with it because well-" He looked at me, pausing momentarily.
"Then why end it? You're the one that froze".
"I'm not finished. I froze because suddenly sex wasn't so meaningless anymore, I want the next time I have sex to be with somebody I love and I've loved the same person for years but I've been in denial about it, even now when my feelings are so certain. All the girls in my past were all just distractions and even though I wanted to try a real relationship with Briana she was ultimately the biggest distraction of all, it could have never worked out between us because I'm in love with someone else" He explained.
Was I just a distraction too? "Who?" I asked.
He gave a slight grin "Well let's just say that she's giving me a look of complete shock right now"
Disbelief flooded through my body "Me?" I couldn't contain my grin
He nodded and pulled me to him "Yes, I love you Eden".
"I love you too" I stated kissing him. Our kiss deepened with need and passion, even better than our last kisses because now we knew without doubt that our feelings were mutual.
It's as if we had been apart forever and finally we were able to be together, I never wanted to leave his arms and slowly we fell asleep together.