Come Back

Featuring Brandon Ingram

Though you only come round once in ah while!
While, while, yeah eah,
Being with you, brings out my inner child!
Child, child, awee yeah,
Its just, just the way that we play! Play, Play, yeah eah,
Ah wish forever, it could remain dis way!
Way, yay, ayee, so ah sayyy,

"The Los Angeles Lakers Select Brandon Ingram, Duke University." hearing those words from the commissioner Adam Silver, you know things were about to take a drastic change.

You and Brandon have been best friends since 6th grade, when you first move to America from England. He was the only one that actually liked you for you and not your cool accent. Since then, you guys have been each other ride or die. By each other's side through thick and thin.

This one moment that you were happy to be apart of, eventhough ghe process was exhausting and stressful. Sometimes you would have to calm down a worrisome Brandon, ensuring him that everything is going to fine.

The celebration party was full with family and friends and couldn't help but smile at all the people that supported your best friend along his journey. Realising that this moment is more bittersweet than anything, you decided this is the right time to tell him before things got bussier the next day.

Pulling him across the room, to a private place where no one can hear you, you started to tear up a bit.
"What happen Y/N, this is a happy momment, no need to cry." he said wipping the tears from eyes.
"Look I got drafted today, to the Lakers outbof all places. We are going to be headed LA soon. It is going to be great. Me and you conquering the world. Together." he said with a big smile on his face.

"Brandon, speaking about moving, I have something to tell you. I really did not want this to happen but.." you said taking a deep sigh. "I have to go back home."

"As In North Carolina. I thought we already got your credits transferred and an academic scholarship to UCLA." he said scratching the back of his neck. One the habits you grow the love when ever he is nervous.

"Well I was but, I'm not going back home to North Carolina, I am going back home to England." you said this time with tears flowing out of my eyes. You wasn't ready to leave your best friend at all. But God works in mysterious ways.

Slightly depressed by the shocking news, Brandon grabbed his best friend into a big hug. He wrapped his long arms around her body, trying to hold in his tears as well.

"Why are you going back to England?" he mumbled into her shoulders.
"My grandmother is ill. My family thought it was wise for me to take of her and still be able to University over there. Plus I can go more in depth and have new experiences with medicine over there as well." she said looking up at him. He understood the situation and refuse to become a barrier to his best friend from achieving her goals. Plus her grandmother was one of the sweetest persons he know, and she deserve care and attention as well.

Looking down to his best friend he smiled at her and all of her glory.
"It is okay, you have to go so don't feel bad. But promise me one thing, you have to come back to me alright."
"I will Brandon, I will. Now let us go enjoy the night." she said pulling him towards the main dance floor

I doh mind, you goin away,
Once you come Back, come back to meh,
And I doh mind, you goin I say,
Once you Come back, come back to meh.

It has been 2 years since you've roamed the American streets and you were happy to be back. Saldy, your grandmother past away 2 months ago and it still has you in some type of pain. Your parents decide it wasn't healthy to continue to live in that environment and encouraged you to move back to the US.

The first stop on the journey back to your seccond home, was to find your best friend Brandon. You guys stayed in touch throughout the years, but it wasn't the same. Luckily for you, you had connects with the Lakers to get a ticket for tonight's home game against the Nuggets. You were excited and nervous at the same time, not sure how Brandon would react. Getting ready, you put in your Lakers gear consiting on of an Ingram Jersy, some jean shorts and a pair Kobe's and headed out for the game.

"Ingram with the 3 point shot and IT WENT IN. Ingram has been 5-5 from the arch in the 4th quater alone. So far he and Russell both have 40 point games." the announcer said. Staples Center was wild and the fans were as loud as ever. Brandon hasn't felt so good since the night be got drafted. Earlier he noticed Y/N in the sitting in the bleachers and he knew he had to show up tonight just for her. Running back down the court to post defense, we stood up infront of one his close friends and good shooter, Jamal Murray.
"Ingram. I know you are on fire now because Y/N is here, but let me cool it down a bit." Jamal saif d grinning towards his friend. Jamal did a cross-over spin around Brandon to shoot the ball but Brandon got there just in time to strip the ball from him and headed back to the other side of court to throw up the alley hoop to Julius.

Staples Center went wild.
Y/N went wild
Brandon loved it.

After the game, which was 103-93 in the favour of the Lakers, Brandon was being interviewed by a sideline reporter especially since he contributed 45 points and 10 assist to the game.
"Brandon, what feeling did you experience on the court today, especially after the way you played tonight." the reporter asked him.
"Well, we have been doing great lately and with the help of Coach he kept pushing us to be great. I also had great motivation as well since my best friend was in the crowd today." he said pointing at you. You raised your eyebrow at him wondering what was he saying on national television about you.

After wrapping up with his intervieww, he ran towards you in the stands, lift you up and spin you around.
"Never leave me like that again. Please" he said before passionately kissing you.

Because yuh inspire meh, have meh feelin
Fiery,
Anytime Im with you, aye, it feel like ah
Holiday,
So high I cah come down, anytime you around meh
Ah say yuh inspire meh, have meh feelin fiery.

_._

Good Morning to everyone, I hope you are having a lovely day so far. I loved writing this little piece and I find is fits the whole aura of Brandon.

But I got some things to say.

Firstly, I would like to send condolences to Ben Simmons and his family on the passing on his cousin Zachary yesterday. I pray peace amoung him and his family through this tough lost and we know that Zachary will be his guardian angel looking our for him from above. 🙏

Seccondly, PROM IS TONIGHT. This is one bittersweet moment. This is the last activity I have as a senior (until Graduation in Decemeber. I know strange) and I am soo hyped for it. It will be awesome.

Lastly, those who requested, your one shot should be up around late Monday, early Tuesday 😊

Well lovies, that is it for now.

Vote. Comment. Tell the whole world about it.

One Love
-Agape 💜